All Nighter Picnics w/QVIEw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokindawgfan

Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Hi Guys,

I'm pulling an all-nighter tonight cooking two picnics for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. I put them on around 4pm today and they've been going steady for about 5 1/2 hours so far. They're looking good and they'll only get better. The first pic is attached. I'll try to keep them coming throughout the night. If someone could tell me how to integrate the pics into the thread instead of adding them as attachments I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
a0db8a7a_vbattach22075.jpg

Hey Cajun. Time is a relative thing.... you are pulling an all nighter...you satrted at 4pm....and it you are 5 hours into your smoke... and it is just now 6pm here in Alaska.

Been smoking a Pork Butt all day and am anxiously (starving) awaiting my timer to tell me the internal temp has finally reached 200 so I can rest the butt for an hour or so before pulling.

Look forward to seeing more pics....In regard to posting... I found a great tutorial in the Messages to all members section...or was it to all ne members?....One of those two... anyway here is the link to the tutorial.

It is the first time I have tried sending a link so I hope this works...

Posting pics on SMF.Tutorial

Turn those babies over, you are going to loose a lot of good moisture fat cap up. What tacman said about youre pictures, set up a photobucket acct. it is free.

Dale...thanks for the advice. I've always cooked them with the cap up with the idea that as the fat melted away it would baste the meat. I do cover them in foil to try to retain the moisture content once it breaks the plateau, (which I did at 3AM EST). Next time I'll try cap down and see how that works. Do you leave it down the entire time? BTW...one more pic with my newly acquired pic posting skills...

I'm with you smokin fat cap up always. Everything looks great so far. I see you have your picture delemma repaired so keep up the good work and I'll check in with you fromm time to time.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hey Crockadale,

I have always done them fat cap up. Curious on the fat cap down theory...I'm always up for a good experiment!
biggrin.gif

Dawg Fan, good looking picnics...beautiful color. They look like an absolute treat! Nice pics too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky