Air flow issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for all the information and I think I'm going to have some custom work done like daveomak mentioned also ..i purchased a smoker from Piggy Back smokers and so many issues with the quality of work done..its already showing rust

Reactions: daveomak
Just be sure to check out end cost of your mods. I really had not used my OKJ Longhorn much because I was never really happy with the uneven temps across the CC and difficulty in keeping enough fire to keep temps up. After installing the baffle plate, door gaskets for fire box and CC door, toggle clamps for CC door, and the additional plating in the firebox, it is an entirely different smoker! Easy to control fire and keep even temps in CC. I now find myself enjoying cooking more than ever. A major shoutout to all of the great threads on smoker mods that made all of that possible. I put around $400 of mods into a $450 smoker, but I feel it was certainly worth it. Only thing I am thinking about now is enlarging the 3" smoke stack. Can't decide if I want to cut the old one completely off so it will be 4" all the way, or to just sleeve inside of a 4" elbow and go from there. Think I will get a few more cooks under my belt and then decide. Happy smoking'!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky