Affordable Cooking Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

You have to call him and he will give you a price....Let him know you are on the forum when you call. Last time I horse traded for some products from my company......RTB..
What state is Todd in? Shipping an all. I'm in Napa, CA if anyone cares. and no I haven't tried to smoke any grapes. 

What state is Todd in? Shipping an all. I'm in Napa, CA if anyone cares. and no I haven't tried to smoke any grapes. 
Todd's in Minnesota.  Don't have any idea about shipping to CA...but its probably not cheap...

Red

Google Cen Cal Pellet Outlet (not sure if I can post their link here).

They are based out of San Luis Obispo with a warehouse in the Fresno area. He is a good guy and ships though out the state for a resonable price. He will usually ship to a location where it can be dropped (business/warehouse) or for a little more shipp direct. He has contacted me in the past when there is large order going to or through my area and if I want to add my order on top of it to help save on shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: pork dork
Google Cen Cal Pellet Outlet (not sure if I can post their link here).

They are based out of San Luis Obispo with a warehouse in the Fresno area. He is a good guy and ships though out the state for a resonable price. He will usually ship to a location where it can be dropped (business/warehouse) or for a little more shipp direct. He has contacted me in the past when there is large order going to or through my area and if I want to add my order on top of it to help save on shipping.
Thanks BackyardSmokin, What would I do with out friends like you. I'd be stuck paying way too much for pellets. That's what.
sausage.gif

I looked for your name but couldn't find it. PM me with your info and the guys name and number.  I found his site on google and just need to fine tune it. I'd sure like to get on his call list too. My guess is that he doesn't pass threw Napa so would it be okay to come get my share from you? I can see myself ordering 100 to 200 LBS at a time all Different flavors so I can be a mad scientist with my smoke. I might even be convinced to bring you some wine for your efforts. One hand washes the other.

I've got 60 LBS of pellets.  40 LBS of Texas Mesquite mix is from Bear mountain and then 20 LBS Oak Hickory Cherry  mix from Lumber Jack. So that's good for me to start with for now. Being you're just over in Stockton let me know next time you make an order and I'll see if I can't add to it as well so we can get a screamin' deal. 

Win Win Win. He's happy cause he's made a huge sale. We're happy cause we got a great deal on pellets and the consumers of our smokey efforts are happy to get fed smoked ambrosia.  Everyone is happy. That's how I like it.

Here's smoke in your eye,

Last edited:
Has anyone tried BBQ Island pellets? I saw someone recommend them on another forum.

Craig

BYSmoke,

I just added a point to your reputation because that's the least I can do for all your help.       
banana_smiley.gif

With a lot of help from BYSmoke I was pointed in the right direction for some very affordable pellets. Over in Santa Rosa, CA at Cash & Carry they have 20LB bags for just under $10 and 33LB bags for just over $15 per bag. We worked out the details via PM. I just wanted to publicly tell the membership that BYSmoke is a super cool guy. 

Thanks again BYSmoke,

Last edited:
I recently ordered 6,000lbs of Lumberjack pellets. It definitely is worth it to order in bulk if you can, 40lb bags for under $15 ea.

I recently ordered 6,000lbs of Lumberjack pellets. It definitely is worth it to order in bulk if you can, 40lb bags for under $15 ea.
Holly crap. I just did the math and that's conservativly $2400 after tax. I hope that you are either independently wealthy or have a group that you bought with.

So was it all one variety or did they let you split it up in to a few different kinds of wood?

Lol, there were 6 of us. On each pallet you can get 4 different flavors, so on our order we could have got 12 flavors.

Lol, there were 6 of us. On each pallet you can get 4 different flavors, so on our order we could have got 12 flavors.
Ok spill it. How much is the minimum for your deal and what's your contact info for those of us pellet burners who want the same deal. Or do you have to know people in low places.  
devil.gif

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday they had 2 brands I have not tried yet but the price was right. 1st was Pacific Pellets BBQ pellets at $9.99 per 20lb bag and Camp Chef pellets at $12.99 per 20lb bag.

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday they had 2 brands I have not tried yet but the price was right. 1st was Pacific Pellets BBQ pellets at $9.99 per 20lb bag and Camp Chef pellets at $12.99 per 20lb bag.
Sadly there aren't any SWs anywhere near me.  Closest ones to NE Okla. are Albuquerque or Colo. Springs.  

This has been the problem for me since I got into pellet cooking...most retail pellet manufacturers and outlets seem centered either in the Upper Midwest (Great Lakes region), or the West coast. Available brands of pellets in local stores are very limited.

Red

Last edited:
Just a FYI to all fellow pellet smokers... Now keep in mind this may be a good deal to some and maybe not to others, but passing it along as it may be beneficial to some.... Doing some research online today I noticed on Amazon that Cookin' Pellets were $31.10 per 40# bag and free two day shipping if your a member of Amazon Prime.... Next at at atbbq.com they have the BB'ers Delight pellets, a 3 pack of 20# bags for $59.99 and free shipping. Hope this info is helpful to some as we are spread out across this Great U.S of A and the pellet prices are so different in each region....

Just a FYI to all fellow pellet smokers... Now keep in mind this may be a good deal to some and maybe not to others, but passing it along as it may be beneficial to some.... Doing some research online today I noticed on Amazon that Cookin' Pellets were $31.10 per 40# bag and free two day shipping if your a member of Amazon Prime.... Next at at atbbq.com they have the BB'ers Delight pellets, a 3 pack of 20# bags for $59.99 and free shipping. Hope this info is helpful to some as we are spread out across this Great U.S of A and the pellet prices are so different in each region....
Hey Justin...thanks for the post.  I actually ordered a couple bags of those 100% hickory CookinPellets from Amazon.  You can get free standard ground shipping if you order at least 2 bags.  The problem was,  Amazon didn't package them very well, and the bags had a very large amount of fines in them by the time they got to me.  It was still a good price for a good pellet, but I'm having to screen all the sawdust out of 'em before I use them.  I smoked a chicken with them this afternoon that came out great.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky