About to blow my Pit Boss up... it sucks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Have run the RT Stampede for many yrs without a problem. If need the larger size "many" enjoy their 1250's.

I've not had any problems with mine since 06/21 but. If I had it to do over again. I'd go with a gravity fed.

My SiL has a Cabelas rebranded Pit Boss.
The auger drive bolt fails a lot as in about every time he uses it.
2 controllers later and he figured out it was the crap connectors for the wire harnesses.
At least the CS was decent and took care of controllers, a new auger drive, and added a few freebies.

I have a Master Built pooper that is also a PoS, but I figured out how to make it work.
Don't love them enough to spring a grand for a better model.

My Weber kettle gets the most usage.

Reactions: Colin1230
Thank you All, well I killed the budget went with a new RT-1250 & ordered the direct igniter with PID hopper now if that works well then will give the updated pit boss to the kids

I have the RT 1250 it seems to run flawlessly. They had a 12 months same as cash with Afirm that I took advantage of. The only thing I don't care for is no ash clean-out.
The ash clean out is great to have. Only have to give my Camp Chef a vac and clean after every 4 or 5 smokes.

Thank you All, well I killed the budget went with a new RT-1250 & ordered the direct igniter with PID hopper now if that works well then will give the updated pit boss to the kids
right on! let us know how it works out for you -- guy at work was having feed troubles with his pellet grill, but i'm not sure where he's at with that. say - he's also a steve... you're not him are you

Reactions: SteveOOO
right on! let us know how it works out for you -- guy at work was having feed troubles with his pellet grill, but i'm not sure where he's at with that. say - he's also a steve... you're not him are you
Nope not me unless your in Mpls MN, then you may have heard me scream at the damn thing even giving it the middle finger.... NOTE: NOPE DIDN'T HELP

My buddy has gone thru 2 Pit Boss smokers. Both were lemons. Why he tried a 2nd one, I don't know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky