A Big BS Gridle Burger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's one darn big, and tasty looking burger. I'll take a plate! Dave

Thanks Dave, it hit the spot for sure. RAY

YEAP! Looks good! LIKE!

Thanks for the Like Justin, I appreciate it. RAY

Oh, yeah!! 3/4 pound burger? Awesome! Looks great and soooo tasty....

I actually weighed a pound less this morning when I stepped onto the scale! That and the carousel ride were both kind of a shock. Thanks for the Like Push, I appreciate it. RAY

Looks great, I have a early 36" Blackstone without the lid, I was using a small tarp to cover but things happen and wouldn't get it back on when it cooled, rust would appear due to fog rolling into the carport, finally got around to making me a cover for it, now no rust lol.

Living in the desert area fog is one thing I don't ever encounter any more, tho I am going to make a top when the box falls apart. Thanks for the Like Mike, I do appreciate it. RAY

Dang, thats a great deal on the 80/20 burger! Around here it's still been around $6 per lb. We have not baught anybground beef for a while now. And that burger looks awesome! I love doing big burgers like that. Good choice of topoings too!

I like to keep it simple Travis, I always tell my wife I'm making a burger, not a salad. Thank you for the Like, much appreciated Travis. RAY

Great and beefy looking burger Ray! I like your choice of side, Rolling Rock. That’s a big PA beer besides Yuengling. 109 degrees!? Wow! I’d be buying the Rolling Rocky ponies chilled in a bucket of ice to keep that heat away.

Living in the desert takes a little getting used to, and you just plain can't do it without a swimming pool, it'd be impossible. I used to be a Coors guy and the very first RR I had about 20 years back changed all that in a instant. Rolling Rock and Arnold Palmer really puts Latrobe on the map! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks great Ray! Just the way I like it. Enjoy! Mike

Another big advantage to making your own is you don't have to cook them death, I still like to see a little pink on the inside, better flavor. Thanks for the Like Mike, much appreciated. RAY

Awesome looking burger done just my way. Although today I could only eat 1/2 of one that size. Portion control has gone way down with age. Warren

Yeah I hear that Warren, there was a time I could have downed two of them along with a big order of French fries, not anymore! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Dag gone it Ray!!That burger looks scrumptious!! Big, meaty, juicy, bacon, onions...OMG!! What more could a burger lover ask for my friend!! Excellent job and congrats on getting the ride. Looks like you and that griddle are getting to be good friends. Robert

I was pretty darned surprised to see my burger up there in the bright lights this morning Robert, I'll tell you that! Sometimes even a old blind dog finds a bone. Thanks for the Like amigo, I appreciate it. RAY

Great deal on the burger! It’s coming down some around here in Ohio too. Saw 73% yesterday for $2.29 in 10 lbs chubs. 80/20 in the around $4.79 still. Varies higher at other stores. That is one fine looking burger!!

Geez, I paid $4.79 for whole standing rib roasts at Xmas time, unreal what's been happening. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Lol nice work on the giant burger. We had smash burgers but just "normal" size

I made a couple of 4.5 ounce smash burgers the other day Jake, gobbled them down before I could even get a picture. Love cooking on this thing! RAY

Damn Ray nice burger man! Love grilled burgers but cooking one on the flat top in bacon grease is just hard to beat. Nice choice of beverage as well. Congrats on the ride very well deserved!

Bacon makes everything better John, we know that to be true! Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ray, that is one big burger my friend....and done perfectly too! Big LIKE! Congrats on the ride also.
Yea wait til next week it's gonna be 110+, so I am stayin' in the mountains for another week. it's only gonna be in the low 90's here :emoji_laughing: John

Well John it looks like we both woke up to a nice surprise this morning, congrats on your ride too, I was expecting to see your cook up there, it was gorgeous! I got my boat washed and in the garage this morning, camper comes home tomorrow, might be time for some fishing! Hope it's not too smoky up there, be careful! Thank you for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Gorgeous burger! I'm excited to see what comes off the smoker too. Between your griddle posts and Weber kettle posts, you are going to cost me some money :emoji_laughing: ... don't have either but seriously considering both for the arsenal. I need a charcoal grill besides my little camping one.

Thanks Tander! I'm looking at some Vortex teriyaki chicken legs tonight and firing up my offset tomorrow for a rack of St Louis ribs, gotta use all the toys! RAY

Looks great Ray! Now that’s a cheeseburger!

Thanks Derek, burger and a beer, that's American! RAY

Burger fit for a King...nice!

Thank you for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Now I know why I like You! 6 ounce Burger...Yeah, on the Top Half of the Bun, then 6 more ounce of Goodness on the Bottom Half!
12 Pounds of store bought Bacon left? I knew folks were Hoarding TP, but Bacon is a new one. Makes sense to me though...JJ

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks good Ray . That's a big burger . Funny how those flat tops add something to the cook , but they sure do . Nice cook .

I agree 100% Rich! I have no idea what it is but everything that comes off the flat top seems to have a little better flavor than the same thing cooked in a pan. RAY

MMMMmmmm...... I could get away with only one of those Beauties!!! Nice Big Burger, Ray!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thanks John! Another thing I'm liking about this is the clean up, no pots and pans to wash, just scrape all the loose stuff in the drain. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

That is a good looking burger Ray. I'm like you, mine came Monday and I've cooked on it every night and am just scratching the surface with what it can do. As you stated, the picture taking can be challenging as quick as the food cooks. It sure is fun to do!

My propane hose finally arrived along with a bacon press so now I'm not burning thru those little green bottles, tho I need to figure out why I ordered a bacon press, I think it's Steve H's fault. Thank you for the Like Denny, I do appreciate it. RAY

Now I know why I like You! 6 ounce Burger...Yeah, on the Top Half of the Bun, then 6 more ounce of Goodness on the Bottom Half!
12 Pounds of store bought Bacon left? I knew folks were Hoarding TP, but Bacon is a new one. Makes sense to me though...JJ

No no no! 12 pounds of my home-smoked maple bacon left. I got some cheap fatty bacon at the grocery store for the sole purpose of breaking in the flat top Chef Jimmy. I was hesitant to use my maple bacon because when I fry it on the stove in a pan I have to keep the heat extremely low or it'll blacken from all the sugars. This being my first flat top I had no clue how hot these thing got. Now I even have a bacon press, I'll be seeing how my bacon cooks on it very soon. RAY

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Ok. I misunderstood. I was perplexed as to why you would have that much Store Bought. I can't find Bellies around here, so I have no choice. But even so, I don't eat Bacon very often. The search continues...JJ

Ah! Yes!! The coveted "Cardiologist Special!!!" Yoostacould do that in one sitting. Would take two these days. Looks Great!!!

Chef JimmyJ

Went into Walmart no bacon at all except turkey bacon neighbor went to Food Lion same thing no bacon at all. So I guess this is our next shortage.

Warren

If you have a Gordon's food service by you give them a look . They have 3 lb packs $ 11.00 . Pretty good bacon for store bought .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky