50th anniversary

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotoleep

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
My parents 50th wedding anniversary and father's 75 birthday is the 21st. Planning a party with 75-100 people. 20 or so people flying in, some driving in, local family and friends. I have been asked to cook. trying to get smokers lined up. There is a member on here that is real close to me (fayetteville, NC that has 1 or 2 langs, unfortunately, i think his info is gone with the crash. Thinking about PP, pulled beef (chuckies), sausage, chicken, DWBB, slaw, abt's, Any and all ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Congratulations to your folks on their anniversary and Happy Birthday to your father Dan! Sounds like you are going to have a great feast. If I lived closer, I'd help ya cook.
smile.gif

Wow, some of us think a big day is an office party. You have 2 rolled into one. I think you about covered the dishes. About the only thing I might add is some fatties and Dutchs' beans. me and my wife are just past the half-way point to 50. Didn't get to have a big thing for 25, both our boys were busy out of the country keeping us free. When the big day comes post some pics. A 50TH Anniversary doesn't come along very often and to have it happen on your dad's 75TH birthday, is just fantastic. If they like ice cream get them some of those ice cream cakes.

Dang.

That should be a big party. Wish I was closer so I could help out.

Cant wait to see pics.

Sounds like you will be busy. If you are not having cake and need desert ideas, Texas-Hunter's peanut butter pie is awesome.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=18671

I do cut down the recipe a little so that it better fits in a 9" pie shell. I use:

6 oz. Soft Cream Cheese
3/4C. Sugar
8oz. Cool Whip
3/4 - C. Peanut Butter
1 - Oero Cookie Pie Shell

Can make them several days in advance and have them in the freezer. My wife and daughter are hooked on this one.

Use Jif.
wink.gif

A Message to Our Consumers:

Our JifÂ[emoji]174[/emoji] peanut butter brand and peanut butter products are safe for consumption.

The J. M. Smucker Company does not purchase peanuts or any ingredients from Peanut Corporation of America and our products are not part of any recall.

Ongoing and regular product testing is a key part of our stringent quality assurance program and includes testing for salmonella.

We focus our efforts solely on production of our branded peanut butter products and we do not produce peanut butters or peanut butter products for other companies.

You can continue to trust in our commitment to safety and quality.

Atta Boys for everyone. What a special day. One more Atta Boy when you get done. Sounds like a great menu.... especially the Pulled Pork. You just can't go wrong with a juicy pulled pork samich.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions and comments. The menu (as of right now) is as follows: PP, Smoked Chuckie (pulled and sliced), sausage, DWBB, Slaw, ABT's, Black Bottom Cup Cakes (These things are like crack), Peanut Butter Pie, and whatever else other people bring.

Still not sure of equipment situation. May have to do some ahead of time and freeze.

I am going to figure out amounts and run it by the SMF's in a new thread.

Til then thanks again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky