2023 N. FL Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang Keith that's a bit much but I'm sure they would have liked you to work more. Think about all that extra money from the OT I'm sure the government will like it

Dang Keith that's a bit much but I'm sure they would have liked you to work more. Think about all that extra money from the OT I'm sure the government will like it
I think Keith is talking about vacation hours he has. It will be a nice cash out when he retires. 32 weeks worth, not many jobs let you carry that much. My wife loses any more than 2 weeks carried over.

Okay people it's getting pretty close sure would be nice if we had more people coming don't get me wrong we will have a good time with the people that are coming but it's always nice to have new friends come.
@GonnaSmoke , SherryT SherryT , @DougE , @TNJAKE , @indaswamp , and @ many others who are in FL, GA, SC, AL, MS, even TN, KY, and many other places

I'd LOVE to be there, but my truck can't be trusted on a long road trip right now (just replaced the fuel pump assembly-thing and she's running better, but still having to run down what else is ailing the old girl!).

I've got 10 lb of pork fat I'll be bringing. Good clean solid bricks of fat cut off some fat back. I'll bring the skins too just in case somebody wants to fry some up.

This is how ready I am for vacation... Last weeks pay period (2 weeks) I had 162.5 hours...
What's the classic line from Stripes when they are about to crash the UAV motorhome through a barricade and Sgt Hulka riding on top moans out "I'm getting to old for this s....!"
I have 2 week periods on the farm over 200 hours.

I'd LOVE to be there, ...
Me, too. But my old girl says we'll be in Minneapolis on Saturday for her nephew's wedding.

Anybody by any chance bringing cornhole boards ? I have a set but the squirrels/mice/raccoons (something) found my bags and ripped them apart and ate the corn...
Could try wrestling some gators lol
I’m looking forward to the pics. Hopefully the cooks and sausage making can be live streamed for those that can’t attend.
FA674399-66F5-4133-800E-056B6C60FE5C.png

Ok... So the the time has come for us all to gather for some awesome food and fellowship...
Sad to say though that Ms Charlotte will not be coming with me as she is battling some health issues...
So if anybody needs an RV spot mine is open as I will be tenting...

Reactions: bmudd14474
Evening all! I'm coming! Planning on leaving work (in Gainesville) around 4pm and heading north. Do we need extra dehydrators or vacuum sealers? Do y'all want me to bring any meats or anything else? I'll probably leave sunday at some point...i'll gauge the crowd LOL!

Been super busy the last couple months and I haven't been on the forum much. Spoke to Keith ( JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 ) today and looking forward to seeing everyone. Let me know what i can do, bring and make :)

Ok... So the the time has come for us all to gather for some awesome food and fellowship...
Sad to say though that Ms Charlotte will not be coming with me as she is battling some health issues...
So if anybody needs an RV spot mine is open as I will be tenting...
Keith I'm sorry to hear she is not coming up with you but am just really thankful she got out of that place and is doing better. I'm sure she will be feeling a lot better after getting home. We'll see you when you get up here and it should be a fun weekend.
Evening all! I'm coming! Planning on leaving work (in Gainesville) around 4pm and heading north. Do we need extra dehydrators or vacuum sealers? Do y'all want me to bring any meats or anything else? I'll probably leave sunday at some point...i'll gauge the crowd LOL!

Been super busy the last couple months and I haven't been on the forum much. Spoke to Keith ( JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 ) today and looking forward to seeing everyone. Let me know what i can do, bring and make :)
Doug I have like 10 butts, 2 briskets, 65 lbs of venison and a bunch of other stuff so I think we are pretty well set on food. Bring what you want to drink and your chair for sitting around the fire pit and come on up

Doug I have like 10 butts, 2 briskets, 65 lbs of venison and a bunch of other stuff
According to tracking info, you also have a full CPB 103 sub primal rib section being delivered today :emoji_wink: Based on shipping weight I'm guessing it'll be in the 25 pound range.
i'm very good about sitting around a fire and drinking LOL!
Hot damn!! Looks like I'll be in good company :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: dougmays
Sorry to say... But I'm gonna have to back out.. Ms Daniels is under the weather... She told me to go and that her son will be here to take care of here... Which is what was gonna happen... But she had a relapse last night (after bein released from hosp.)...

So I am just gonna go ahead and stay home with her.. Besides... who would cook and clean the camper (I wasn't' gonna bring camper if by myself)... LOL

Was gonna bring 2 jars (one with blueberries in it and a clear) straight from the hills of Kentucky... And some Gentleman Jack...

3 sets of my version of the ''Beer Pole''/ ''Charcoal Chimney Holder'' (originally)... In sets to use while playing corn hole/ horseshoes... Will get picture later...

Also was gonna do a whole Maple/Bourbon Ham (my version)...

I know y'all are gonna have a great time and I sure am gonna miss it... Sorry I can't help with the sausage and sticks... I know another set of hands would help...

pineywoods pineywoods (Jerry)... Hurry and post dates for next years so I at least have that to look forward too...

Waiting on pics

edit; Link to my ''Beer Pole''

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: drdon
Jerry it looks like the crawfish are a go. Just confirmed a 40 pd bag of live ones, as well as the boil spices.
DO you have a large pot and burner to boil them?
I can pickup a propane tank en route to your place Friday. I guess we'll get some corn and potatoes as well.
But she had a relapse last night (after bein released from hosp.)...

Sorry to miss you Keith, but family comes first. Hope your wife will start feeling better soon. Looking forward to next year with you.

Don

Thanks dougmays dougmays .. preciate it... Shes doing better this afternoon... We're thinking she double up on some meds that are only once a day... Meaning they gave her meds at Hosp. at 1430 and then 6 hours later at home took more...

drdon drdon ... Thanks buddy and we'll see

So there might still be a remote chance... see what the night brings...

Last edited:
Reactions: drdon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky