2015 South Florida Gathering (5th Annual) November 13th-15th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Does anyone know if there is wifi at the campground?

Yes they do, but it is not always the fastest. I would get a lot of lag at times.....

If i remember correctly there is wifi....maybe someone else can back that up, or not haha
[h2]From their website:[/h2][h2]  [/h2][h2]Highlands Hammock State Park Alerts[/h2]
[h3]  [/h3]WiFi no longer operating

Free WiFi is no longer available in the campground due to technical problems.  WiFi will remain down until further notice.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Call the Ranger Station at 863-386-6094 for more information.  Thank you.

[h2]From their website:[/h2][h2]  [/h2][h2]Highlands Hammock State Park Alerts[/h2]
[h3]  [/h3]WiFi no longer operating

Free WiFi is no longer available in the campground due to technical problems.  WiFi will remain down until further notice.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Call the Ranger Station at 863-386-6094 for more information.  Thank you.
Hey Don @OrlandoSmoKing  Can you get with Kevin @Tiki Guy and get his number so you guys can arrange a site swap for this weekend. I dont have either of your numbers :/

Last edited:
 Hey 

I held off a few days ( after my post saying I had to cancel ) and when I didn't hear from anyone I canceled  my site.   The site is Tent site #81  cal ans check it may be available.

I'm going to bring my 18" WSM for another smaller smoker. Just a heads up. Keith if we want to cook up some more chickens we can throw them in there if we run out of space

Who has 2 thumbs and is getting more and more excited for this weekend?!?! .......this guy

Me too! (although one of my thumbs doesn't work to well). Plans now are getting up early Thursday morning and smoke one of my household famous naked herbal chickens and some mashed potatoes and Cheft Jimmy's smoked au jus gravy, wrap it all up in blankets and hit the road!

Steve.. since Doug is bringing his WSM you can cook it there if you want ?

I just sliced up the Eye Round and will put it in the marinade later.. ended up being around 4 lbs ... Thinking we will throw a batch of something in Thursday to get the first round done...

YESSSS... I am ready for it to be Thursday... All excited....

Doug.. are you (or anybody else) gonna bring a propane burner and cast iron skillets (breakfast and other) ??

Charlotte is going to steam a bunch of veggies and make an oreo pie for Sat.

Carol.. thanks... as I read your post it dawned on me that we bought a 2 burner camp stove "That lives in the camper"... forgot all about it....

I'll have a couple skillets as welland I can brng my double burner propane stove as well just in case.

Currently I'm not planning to bring any meat for jerky as it sounds like we have plenty. I will have marinade and cure stuff.

If there is room in a smoker, that would me great! I can leave earlier!!! Kieth, what time ar you leaving? Maybe we could caravan?

I have the day off today so its shopping & packing day for me. Ann noticed there are no veggies on the Saturday meal. I'll pick up some corn on the cob at the local produce stand.

Low 60s at night will be a nice change.

Craig

We do always seem to fall short on Vegetables at these events haha! Sounds good Craig.

I could make that smoked cabbage with white wine and butter if we want more veggies. I might just bring some random produce also and see what we end up doing with it

Since I don't have to cook a chicken in the morning, and I can use that time to pack, I decided to bake a loaf of my Thanksgiving bread. The house smells wonderful! It'll go great with tomorrow nights dinner ;-)

ok... starting to get things packed up... Steve... we're gonna try and leave by 10/11... We go out hwy 62 (Parrish) through the woods (as I call it).. I do have to come to Bradenton first thing in the morning to pick up the wife's son ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky