2 Butts and Mac N Cheese w/qview.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Butts were $1.46/lb a few weeks ago. Got 2 for the smoker.

Trimmed off all the fat and rubbed down.
Screenshot_20231031_201207_Gallery.jpg

On the smoker at 250. Here it is after a few hours
Screenshot_20231031_201230_Gallery.jpg

Used butcher paper for the first time with these. Didn't get any wrapped or finished pics of the butt before wrapping.

Wife made a Mac n Cheese. Here it is after she made the sauce and put the noodles together.
Screenshot_20231031_202658_Gallery.jpg

At the end of the cook she topped with cheddar and back in the oven.

Screenshot_20231031_201318_Gallery.jpg

Here is the finished pork and the Mac after digging in.
Screenshot_20231031_201330_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231031_201354_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231031_201419_Gallery.jpg

Great meal for all. Had ceaser salad as well.

Thanks for looking

That is my idea of a combo meal.
Have you tried smoking your Mac-N-Cheese? Your wife's recipe of sauce to noodle ratio is perfect for tossing in the smoker.

Reactions: DemonPit
Looks great Brian! I'll bet it's good if you pile some pork right on the Mac and cheese too.
Was my thoughts exactly.....Nice sized bowl with that PP, a little bit of the rub, and a dash of sauce. But however you eat it...That is a great looking meal.

Jim

Reactions: jcam222
That looks like a delicious meal of comfort food! Especially when it turns cold!

Ryan

Thanks all. I think I am going to Sous Vide a bag of leftovers and have her make the mac today then bake some potatoes. Break it open and put salt, pepper, and butter on it. Then a scoop of Mac, a scoop of pulled pork, then a BBQ sauce drizzle on top.

Yum

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky