1st time with Pops Brine fantasticQ/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dandl93

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2014
Pacho Colombia
I came on this site to learn how to make Bacon and Ham.I learned how to make my Smoker and Brine my Bacon and Ham on this forum.I am very happy with my first try and so is all my friends and family.Yes I have along ways to go for perfection but even at this stage I am in heaven.You have to understand there is no Bacon or Ham here in this Country and it has been years since I have been able to eat any.

I kept my first brine very basic and straight to Pops recipe and documented every thing.I am very happy I did now I can add or subtract for the flavors I and my family and friends like. 

Pops .............. Thank you so very much for sharing your families love and time proven brine recipe.I have read over many times your postings and will keep rereading them to better my self.

Thank you also to all the very talented people on here that I have learned so many things from.There is no way I can post every ones name that I have learned something from but I have to throw a few out.Dave Omak,.Foamheart, WesW,Disco,Dingo Old School and Bearcarver...And so many others.

All my pics did not down load so this is it for now I will ad some more when I cook some of this...12lbs of Bellie Bacon and 6lbs of Back Bacon is done and we have eaten 1/2 it was great.

The pork leg has been in Pops Brine for 24 days it has 4 more days then to the smoker.

Thanks again to every one 

Dan

Sweet deal.

I use the low salt version of pops brine.

Last edited:
How could a country survive without ham or bacon?

This country is changing for the better in so many ways.I am helping by getting them to eat Bacon hahahahahahaha

Dan 
Atleast your trying to help your country.     
biggrin.gif

Atleast your trying to help your country.     
biggrin.gif
Since I moved to this country over 12 years ago from the USA there was very few things I missed or could live with out.A few things like Wrangler jeans and books written in english I could get shipped in also my FORD pickup.But Bacon And Ham not possible to import.Now I am happy.

Dan

This country is changing for the better in so many ways.I am helping by getting them to eat Bacon hahahahahahaha

Dan 
Ask not what you're country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.  One of my favorites is pulled ham made from Pops brine with some honey mustard sauce on a long roll.  Now I'm getting hungry again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky