1st time trying vegetarian burger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did not know that Fast food places carried them too. I was surprised to see that all the cases of Beyond Burger patties at restaurant Depot were past the expiration date the other day considering It was in San Jose CA where a lot of tofu, broccoli eating peeps reside.
BK was the first I think but seeing more and more. Chipotle has a plant based offering.
I think the hardcore vegans are not into those burgers but forget why. I dig tofu (especially fermented) and broccoli but those alone just don't satiate me. Pasta doesn't either.

nc_ohc=kTa7On0CAcgAX_p-id1&_nc_ht=scontent.ftol2-1.jpg

Have any of you seen the Bearded Butchers review these products, they were not impressed. Besides, these chubs contain so much sh*t that if YOU knew what was in them you would not eat them. And if you really cared, they are not even CO2 neutral. Cool presentation though, I just wish for you, that you use meat next time you post, this is SMF after all.

Have any of you seen the Bearded Butchers review these products, they were not impressed. Besides, these chubs contain so much sh*t that if YOU knew what was in them you would not eat them. And if you really cared, they are not even CO2 neutral. Cool presentation though, I just wish for you, that you use meat next time you post, this is SMF after all.
Thanks for the advice. And welcome to the forum from the USA.

Reactions: DanMcG
My daughter is a vegetarian and I've made these a lot. IMO the impossible meat version is better than the beyond meat one. Impossible burgers look like they bleed because they made it with the iron containing heme from a soy plant.
I've had them and while they aren't beef burgers, they can taste good if you cook them right. Add all the toppings and cheese and a lot of people wouldn't know.
I made impossible meatballs for a party I had where some were vegetarians. No one knew they weren't meat. They also make impossible sausages, an Italian version and a bratwurst style.
I don't think they taste the same as pork but add some good mustard and some homemade kraut and they are tasty.

Reactions: flatbroke
My daughter is a vegetarian and I've made these a lot. IMO the impossible meat version is better than the beyond meat one. Impossible burgers look like they bleed because they made it with the iron containing heme from a soy plant.
I've had them and while they aren't beef burgers, they can taste good if you cook them right. Add all the toppings and cheese and a lot of people wouldn't know.
I made impossible meatballs for a party I had where some were vegetarians. No one knew they weren't meat. They also make impossible sausages, an Italian version and a bratwurst style.
I don't think they taste the same as pork but add some good mustard and some homemade kraut and they are tasty.
I get it, they are tasty, but I think that that is the biggest problem because people actually eat it. It is not good for you.

Agreed that they are not healthy. Many things people eat are unhealthy.

I am cooking for a group on the 4th that is vegetarian. Doing vegetarian burgers. Problem is I never ate one before and wasn’t sure how they’d cook up as I never seen one cooked either. We grow beef lol.

I was at restaurant depot the other day looking for the Beyond burgers but they were all expired. I was at Costco today and found impossible burgers. View attachment 667750
So in the cart they went.
Big Jake’s brake pads started knocking when the package got near so the weber stepped up. View attachment 667751
Pic at the 8 min flip
View attachment 667752

Pic when done in 16 min
View attachment 667753
Sliced up an onion, Avacado, and dill pickles,
Lettuc, spread some fancy mustard and mayo on potato buns and added a couple
Slices of cheese
View attachment 667754View attachment 667755

I’m not gonna lie. I’m not gonna sell my beef and make a switch. But these were pretty good. So if you got vegetarian friends and don’t know what to cook. These are pretty simple and decent to eat.

Thanks so much for posting this. I always wondered if they were any good but just couldn't open my wallet for them. I have to give them a fair try now.

JC :emoji_cat:

I can definitely relate. If I wasn’t doing this upcoming cook I most likely would never have eaten one. As I know what is in my ground beef View attachment 667805View attachment 667806
I read the label on the packaging of the plant based burgers and I’m not sure what some of the ingredients are. They do taste decent for a fake beef burger. Not dried out, not tough and not cardboard like I thought they’d be.

I am in awe watching you break down that beef carcass.

JC :emoji_cat:

Do you put safety stops on the cylinders to protect you or anyone else while you are working on processing that? If not, you should... may save a life some day.

Ryan

Reactions: Fueling Around
My daughter that has been eating a lot of vegetarian in now anemic and on iron supplements. Wife told her to eat more red meat and get out of the vegetarian mode.

Do you put safety stops on the cylinders to protect you or anyone else while you are working on processing that? If not, you should... may save a life some day.

Ryan
Double that concern.
Used the skid steer to to lift the end dump trailer hoist cylinder back in place. Lift stops used

Ryan
Safety does not take a holiday. we chocked the tires, had hard hats on, hi viz vests, composite toe boots incase of lightning strike, and safety glasses.

Reactions: smokin peachey
My daughter that has been eating a lot of vegetarian in now anemic and on iron supplements. Wife told her to eat more red meat and get out of the vegetarian mode.

Double that concern.
Used the skid steer to to lift the end dump trailer hoist cylinder back in place. Lift stops used
I had a relative get really sick last year after trying to change to vegan. Ended up in hospital for a long time. My great grandfather lost 3 fingers in a hydraulic hose bust accident on the farm. We take safety precautions seriously. Hydraulic dumps, lifts, etc make me nervous.

Reactions: smokin peachey
My great grandfather lost 3 fingers in a hydraulic hose bust accident on the farm.
Yeah, in the event of a hose bust/leak, the last thing you want is any body parts near it. The pressure is such that it will inject the hydraulic fluid right through your skin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky