1st smoked pork chops.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
About 10 miles from the blue turf!
Smoked some pork chops for the 1st time last night. Just used some store bought rub from Weber and smoked with charcoal and peach wood. They were only around 1\2" thick and came out with a very rich, smoky flavor. Will definitely do it again and try some more flavor combos. Sorry but I did not review my phone and did not get the greatest pics. They looked better in person.
20180716_190747.jpg
20180716_192406.jpg

Looks good to me.

Point for sure.

Chris

Glad to hear your chops came out great.
Smoked chops are a favorite around here. But only since I started brining them. I smoke 1 1/2" loin chops and until I brined them they always came off the smoker delicious but dry.
Gary
Thanks Gary. Mine weren't dry but they were not as juicy as I would have liked. What do you normally use to brine? Just salt water base like some people or do you use some apple juice etc?

I think your chops look fantastic, especially since they were so thin.
We usually try to get them at least 1 1/2" thick.
I'm guessing you seared them too, judging from the grill marks.
Nice work!!
Al

Chops look awesome. I smoke chops a lot too. I’ve brined with salt water solution and with apple juice, I preferred the salt water. You just have to be mindful to not over salt when you apply seasoning. I like a good spicy rub with a sweeter sauce. It’s a good contrast of flavors. Thanks for the Q view.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky