1st attempt at 2 briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dantij

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Frankfort, IL
Hello everyone. I'm cooking for my son's graduation party this weekend. I'll be doing 2 briskets and 8 slabs of ribs. I'll be starting the briskets early in the am with the ribs to follow . My question: how much longer will it take to cook 2- 17 lb packers vs cooking just 1? I'm planning on throwing them on at 3am and hoping to serve by 5pm. I recently did a 17 pounder in 10 hours, holding it at 160° for 5 hours then slicing. The absolute best brisket I've ever cooked. I'll be smoking at 250°- 260°.

What he said but perhaps take a little longer for the cook chamber temp to rise and stabilize with two cold lumps in there to start.

Reactions: JLeonard
When there is a dinner deadline, the last thing you want is a tempermental brisket. Since every piece of meat has its own mind in regards to getting done, I would suggest you wrap in BP after each of them has been in a stall for about 1 hour. This will help push them along. Better to get 'em done and resting for a couple of hours prior to dinner. With that plan in place attention can be spent on getting the ribs done the way you want them. JMTC 😎

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky