12th Annual South Florida Gathering - December 1-3, 2023 - Pictures Added

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Our 12th (13th year) Gathering will be December 1-3, 2023 at Highland Hammock State Park (Sebring, FL) with the main day being Saturday the 2nd.

Sites & Attendees
Site 80 - Russ and Libby Mills (Friends of Doug's from the neighborhood)
Site 81 - Doug ( dougmays dougmays )
Site 82 - Jeramy (@jarjarchef )
Site 84 - j-regn j-regn
Site 85 - carol506 carol506 & Jon
Site 87 - Mark ( Discus39 Discus39 )
Site 88 & 89 - Keith ( JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 )
Site 125 - @fxsales1959
Site 128 - John (@Fueling Around )
Site 135 - Robert (@Fife )

Events (all optional and not taken too seriously, all times below are open for change) :
- Welcome Weenie Roast
- Keiths famous ham and sides provided by others
- Family style Potluck, Saturday ~5-6pm
- Fun & Friendly Rib Competition on Saturday ~5pm (before it gets dark)
- Cocktail competition Saturday ~3pm
- Games and camaraderie all all the time, if you have a favorite game or activity please bring it (examples: Cornhole/BagToss, ring toss, horseshoes, etc.....)

Last edited:
hahahaha...confirmed :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_laughing: I cannot wait for some mini beers and good times! Solidifying my cocktail entry for quality assurance.

For anyone who will be attending for their first time, we do a fun Rib Cook-off and Cocktail Competion. Nothing serious, no FBA/KCBS judging and its completely optional.

Looks like we might be borrowing Miranda's dad's motorcycle trail to use as our home for the weekend. I still want to tow my trailer smoker down but her dog apparently doesn't like tents, the debate is still rolling on :emoji_laughing: So kind of in-between a tent and a camper

If anything isnt clear or anyone has any questions/comments/suggestions please post them here so the vets can answer

Hey y'all

Got a question.

My friends Eddie & Sharon that we Rvd with for 5 years have left Naples and are now full time at lake O. Keith met Eddie in Naples. Eddie cooks and smokes, he has a Traeger, gasser and kettle. Would it be of if they attended.

Thanks

Everyone is invited to attend the gathering. Show up and cook some BBQ. Camp sites are pretty well booked up but I'm sure we can figure out how to squeeze some people in.

Hey y'all

Got a question.

My friends Eddie & Sharon that we Rvd with for 5 years have left Naples and are now full time at lake O. Keith met Eddie in Naples. Eddie cooks and smokes, he has a Traeger, gasser and kettle. Would it be of if they attended.

Thanks

Rick, Rick, Rick... You brother, of most people should know the answer to that.... NOT ONLY would it be ok, but its encouraged.... One doesn't even need to be a member here to come to, At least the S.Fl. Gathering....

As Mark ( Discus39 Discus39 ) said though.. No sites available for an overnight stay, Hotels are close by though... And Day Trippers are more than welcome too...

Here's a Heads Up... There's a possibility I may have to cancel (work, and some knucklehead forgot to put in for PTO for those dates)... If that's the case, I will announce it here as soon as possible when I'm going to cancel my site and the Gathering site. This way somebody can grab those sites as soon as I cancel...

Stay Tuned

I called Eddie & Sharon

They said they will go if I come down to go also.
doh.jpg

We will make room however we need to. The gathering site is big enough to accommodate a trailer worse case senerio. The camp ground has rules but technically we have that site and no trailer would be on it. We can make it work. Would love to have as many people as possible.

Well - I might be able to help - due to both soccer schedules - we will not be able to make it....again....and I have a campsite - so if someone wants it - please text me 630-768-4984 and we can coordinate my cancelling it and you picking it up.

NO WAY bobcats110 bobcats110 ... I was hoping to see y'all again... Especially not knowing y'all were coming (surprise)...

carol506 carol506 would be interested...
Definitely interested having problem pcontact
Well - I might be able to help - due to both soccer schedules - we will not be able to make it....again....and I have a campsite - so if someone wants it - please text me 630-768-4984 and we can coordinate my cancelling it and you picking it up.

As requested, getting an early start to setting up a thread for the next South Florida Gathering. It'll be December 1-3, 2023 at Highland Hammock State Park (Sebring, FL) with the main day being Saturday the 2nd.

NOTE: Let's keep chatter to a minimum, for now, to allow others to see what's going on with the North Florida Gathering (April 2023) and other sooner events :)

Sites & Attendees
Site 84 - j-regn j-regn
Site 85 - bobcats110 bobcats110
Site 125 - @fxsales1959

...more information to come
We were able to book site 85 when bobcats110 cancelled. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

As requested, getting an early start to setting up a thread for the next South Florida Gathering. It'll be December 1-3, 2023 at Highland Hammock State Park (Sebring, FL) with the main day being Saturday the 2nd.

NOTE: Let's keep chatter to a minimum, for now, to allow others to see what's going on with the North Florida Gathering (April 2023) and other sooner events :)

Sites & Attendees
Site 84 - j-regn j-regn
Site 85 - bobcats110 bobcats110
Site 125 - @fxsales1959

...more information to come
site 84 j- regn we have to cancel so it will be available as of 11/4/23.

Howdy all! Sorry i've been crazy busy with life and whatnot. bobcats110 bobcats110 i'm sorry you cannot come this year :( But glad carol506 carol506 was able to snag your site, looking forward to seeing you and john again.

Discus39 Discus39 were you able to book 84 for your friend?
JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 Keith - What say you? Still not sure if you'll be able to make it?

Only a few more weeks, i'm excited! As usual we'll have our main day on Saturday....snacking all day and Rib Comp and Potluck style dinner. For Thur/Fri - usually Keith's ham is the main course so we might need to come up with an alternative plan incase he cannot make it. Can we just hire a welder to work your job for you that weekend?! :emoji_laughing:

I'll be towing down my smoker trailer. My girlfriend wanted us to take her dad's motorcycle trailer to sleep in because her dog might not like the tent but i think we'll need the cooking space.

Anything else i'm missing? I"ll be checking the forum nearly daily now that the time is sneaking up

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky