I made these for the first time this week, first thing I've tried with my new 5lb. LEM sausage stuffer. Wow, that's a lot easier than using a jerky gun. I'm happy to say that I didn't experience any of the problems that plagued Dirtsailer's. Cranking was a little harder than I expected, though. But it worked fine, and I was happy to see how little "extra" meat there was after the plunger hits bottom. Only what was in the groove and tube. Used the LEM mixes for regular and maple, just so I could get sort of a baseline as to the flavors they provide. I did a fry test the night I stuffed, and wasn't real impressed with the flavor, but after a few days in the fridge, it was much better. Next time I'll probably try a real recipe. I also discovered that collagen casings aren't very good at holding a twist. Since I was up to my wrists in ground pork, I didn't get any pics of the process, but here is one of the finished product that I fried this morning.