Commercial Rubs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rakkin6

Original poster
Jun 30, 2018
Clarksville, TN
Hey guys, I don't really post a lot I kind of like watching the discussions and get different recipes ideas, but I was just wondering if you guys have a preference on commercial rubs. I have been making my own since I started smoking but would not mind having some commercial rubs on hand if I am in a pinch. If you wouldn't mind telling me which you prefer for Brisket, Ribs, Pork Butt, Chicken. They don't have to be something I can find in the Piggly Wiggly or Publix. I am fine with ordering them. Thanks in advance guys.

Reactions: jcam222
Hi rakkin6 rakkin6

Like you, I make my own rubs. However, sometimes I like to use a store bought rub!

My go to commercial rub is Strawberry’s Bar-B-Que Seasoning.
For brisket, I just use salt, pepper onion powder, and garlic powder.
image.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
Don't know where you're at but most ACE Hardware stores now carry a variety of great commercial rubs.
Meat Church, Hey Grill Hey, Kosmos Q,
Blue's Hog, Health Riles, Suckle Busters are a few of my favorites.

Keith

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Suckle Busters has a good selection with 1836 being my favorite for beef

Reactions: 912smoker
Don't know where you're at but most ACE Hardware stores now carry a variety of great commercial rubs.
Meat Church, Hey Grill Hey, Kosmos Q,
Blue's Hog, Health Riles, Suckle Busters are a few of my favorites.

Keith
I was looking at the Meat Church Holy Cow and Holy Gospel for Brisket depending on my mood and the Honey Hog for pork. The Ace Hardware in my town here in Tennessee shut their doors a few years ago.

I was looking at the Meat Church Holy Cow and Holy Gospel for Brisket depending on my mood and the Honey Hog for pork. The Ace Hardware in my town here in Tennessee shut their doors a few years ago.
I prefer the HC for brisket but not the family as it is too peppery for them.
I use the HG on beef and pork chops.
The Gospel is a good all purpose flavor and yes HH is great on pork!

Kosmos Q, Health Riles and Killer Hogs cam also be found at most WM around here.

Keith

Big Mo's, Kinders, Cabela's Webers they're all good.

Chris

I believe Jeff Phillips ( board owner) sells some. Can't go wrong with my friend Redbeard Seasoning rubs either. Veteran owned. He's been winning rub awards like crazy the last two years.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I believe Jeff Phillips ( board owner) sells some. Can't go wrong with my friend Redbeard Seasoning rubs either. Veteran owned. He's been winning rub awards like crazy the last two years.

I’ll have to check that out Jeff… I love supporting small biz… especially Veteran Owned… like Frag Out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky