Zipock vacuum seal bags....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Anyone try them? I used some tonight to package 35lb. of wild hog fresh sausage. I like them. Not one single miss seal! The bags are a little thicker than Food Saver brand bags and because of this, are a lot easier to fool with and get a good seal. My review is to try them if you have not already. Also-they are about $3~4 dollars cheaper than food saver bags.

Reactions: siege
Good to know. I always suffer from a little sticker shock when I pick up a few rolls of Food Saver bags. Did they come in rolls or pre-cut?

I used the ziplock bags in the past with good results. Then I started buying from Lisa B. as they were cheaper than the ziplocks and I have had good results with hers.

Barry.

Comes in a 2 pack; (2) 20ft. rolls for like $13~14 bucks.
Check out Nutri-Lock on amazon, 2 50' rolls for $14 to $16 depending on width of material. Been using this brand for 5 years now and never had a problem with a sealed bag. They say the bag material is 4 mil which is one of the thicker bags.

I do use the Ziploc reusable bags, the ones with the zipper for opening and a round valve deal to suck the air out. They work great. Most noticeably is the bag containing my extra wool hat and gloves in my hunting pack, it has been sealed up and beat around for 3 years in my pack and is still as sealed today as when I sealed it 3 years ago. I use these bags for stuff I want sealed but need to get into often.

Are you talking about the Ziploc bags that have the built-in valve? I bought some of these because they are compatible with the Foodsaver hand-vac (I also have the full-sized Foodsaver). The bags are OK, but not that great. About one in five don't hold a seal.

If you want resealable vacuum bags, I highly recommend the Waring system. The bags are amazing and easy to re-use, and the vacuum gun is built like a tank.

Anyone try them? I used some tonight to package 35lb. of wild hog fresh sausage. I like them. Not one single miss seal! The bags are a little thicker than Food Saver brand bags and because of this, are a lot easier to fool with and get a good seal. My review is to try them if you have not already. Also-they are about $3~4 dollars cheaper than food saver bags.

Thanks for your review. I just vac sealed a batch of jerky last night and thought a resealable pouch would be a great idea.
What brand did you use, and where did you buy them ?

Thanks for your review. I just vac sealed a batch of jerky last night and thought a resealable pouch would be a great idea.
What brand did you use, and where did you buy them ?
These were not resealable bags, I was referring to ziplock seal bags for use in a vacuum sealer.

do you have a link to these bags?

I’ve used those bags before, very heavy duty.

In fact, my vacuum sealer has a hard time heating the material for a good seal, so air would get back in the bag. I’ve stopped using them because of this...but I need a new one anyway.

Wow older thread that deserves some talk.

I use the the Ziploc bulk rolls to make my bags. Also have the Ziploc machine which does a great job.
The thickness of the Ziploc is near the commercial vac packed of many items.
Rarely have problems with a seal unless I don't pre-freeze a wet bag

I re use many of my bags. Coffee is my frequent flyer so I cut the bags 8" longer than needed. Cut the seal load again many times.

Planning to order from the the website sponsor to compare.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky