WSM Hanging Racks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weber made them for a while, then stopped at the end of 2017. I know they can be found. Original price was $39.95. I've seen sellers asking as much as $150!

I have an in-law who made his own hanging racks for his homemade, WSM-like smoker. Hanging is the only way he does ribs. I didn't really notice any difference between his and mine except he can hang something like 12-15 racks of SLCs and I can do six, maybe eight using rib racks on the 22.5" WSM grates.

Edit addition: He made his hanging rack frame out of rebar, then bought stainless "S-hooks" to hang from the cross pieces.

Yeah I think they would be pretty easy to make.

Interesting...any idea why Weber doesn't make them any more? Must be sales-related.

Outside links aren't allowed, but I did a quick search and found a website named barbecueworld, that offers an expandable smoking rack. For $45 it might be worth a look.

...any idea why Weber doesn't make them any more? Must be sales-related.

I didn't even know they existed until I saw a YouTube video of a guy using one in early 2018. That's when I decided to buy one and learned all the information above. I called Weber, but they would not give ANY information, only to say they would not be making them again. I figured it was either a sales issue or an infringement on someone else's product.

Lavalock makes some. There are quite a few options out there still, but weber did have three cross bars to hang from whereas the rest only have two.

You can get a stainless steel hanging rack for the WSM from Hunsaker Smokers. It is $50 and they usually offer free shipping. I have the same design in my drum and it has a ton of capacity. I believe you can get over 20 half chickens in the thing.

wsm_rib_hanger_3_large.jpg

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky