Woot deal on FoodSaver GameSaver

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I keep looking at buying a foodsaver to replace my current vac sealer but it seems like the quality of these new models is SO low, if you go by the reviews anyways.. makes me nervous to pull the trigger on any of them

Reactions: one eyed jack
I keep looking at buying a foodsaver to replace my current vac sealer but it seems like the quality of these new models is SO low, if you go by the reviews anyways.. makes me nervous to pull the trigger on any of them

I gotcha. I hadn't heard about the bad reviews. Thanks for the info.

I bought a base model about 10 years ago ad it has worked OK. Doesn't have a real "High quality" feel to it but it's done all I need of it.

Who makes the best sealers nowadays?

Steve H Steve H had this review

I have the older one . Game saver deluxe plus . I'm with you , not sure about the newer ones , but this one has been great . About 6 or 7 years . Still does the job .

Yep, same here. I know people that have the older food savers and they work so well which is why I'd like to get one, but the quality just doesn't seem to be there anymore and apparently CS is awful too..not in a big rush to give.my money to a company thats seemingly failing on both fronts these days.

You should ask yourself these questions:
1) How often am I going to use it?
2) How much are you going to seal at one sitting?
3) How much are you looking to spend?
The LEM unit I have works fantastic. And because of the current events. It has seen a lot of use with no problems. It can seal for up to 5 hours straight/450 seals without needing to stop and cool down.
Which is more then I need. But, it was a Christmas gift. So whom am I to complain?! But, when I started ramping up my hobby. I knew I needed something different. The wait times between seals was getting old. Hence the new sealer I got for Christmas after I my son heard me P&M about my old one.
Do some research on the vacmaster units as well.
But, up until Christmas I had a a vintage FoodSaver. And it worked good for my needs. I also have my mother's foodsaver that she had for years. And it still performs fine.
What I'm driving at is don't be glamorized by the bells and whistles.

Steve H Steve H had this review

Thanks for the link WR.

You should ask yourself these questions:
1) How often am I going to use it?
2) How much are you going to seal at one sitting?
3) How much are you looking to spend?
The LEM unit I have works fantastic. And because of the current events. It has seen a lot of use with no problems. It can seal for up to 5 hours straight/450 seals without needing to stop and cool down.
Which is more then I need. But, it was a Christmas gift. So whom am I to complain?! But, when I started ramping up my hobby. I knew I needed something different. The wait times between seals was getting old. Hence the new sealer I got for Christmas after I my son heard me P&M about my old one.
Do some research on the vacmaster units as well.
But, up until Christmas I had a a vintage FoodSaver. And it worked good for my needs. I also have my mother's foodsaver that she had for years. And it still performs fine.
What I'm driving at is don't be glamorized by the bells and whistles.

Those are three good questions to ask yourself.

I look at the shiny new models from time to time but, I don't have room for a bigger machine, I only use the sealer a couple times a month, and haven't seen a need for the add on bells and whistles.

When my basic model dies I'll do some in depth study.

Thanks for your input.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky