VacMaster Pro 360

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Karmalane

Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
I just received the VacMaster Pro 360,from "Vacuum Sealers Unlimited"...does anyone here have one? I have to push down quite hard on the lid to get the vacuum to work! I knew you had to put a bit of pressure on it,but it requires a lot of weight to get it going! I was wondering if I have a defective unit?

I don't have a 360 but I'd bet somebody around here has one. The other thing you can do is call Vacuum Sealers Unlimited and ask Lisa B she will tell you one way or the other and time I've talked to her she has been very helpful. They are a sponsor or the site as well

Reactions: Karmalane
I have the VP215 and just close the lid and hold it for a couple of seconds. No real effort required.

I have one. I have to push down on it until most of the air is out of the bag then the vacuum pulls it the rest of the way. But I wouldn't say I have to push overly hard.

I have found the same thing. I only have to push down until the sounds changes the first time, then I let up.
If it was cold, like just came in from outside, and the seal is stiff, I have to really push down on it.

I bought the 360 a while back... maybe a few months? Heck I don't remember.... anyway, I have to push but not that hard. It doesn't bother me that much but when I do the initial seal for the bag I have to hold it down for the duration of the sealing process... that I don't like at all. My now dying cheap $69 foodsaver had a small lever on the side that locked the lid down so I never had to hold anything other than my beer. I'm not as impressed with it as much as I think I should be, but we'll see when I start taking advantage of the longer sealing bar.

I will say that I'm still happy with the 360. It seals faster than any cheaper unit over had before it. I rarely have to re-seal due to wrinkles in the seal. I've not had a failed seal since I started using it. It is much more pleasant to use than my previous units.

And that locking lever is just another thing to do (or do wrong) in the process.

When I do the initial seal, I don't have to hold it down the entire time. It pulls a little vacuum when you do seal only, so only have to hold it down initially, just like a normal vacuum seal.

I've had the 360 for over a year and a half. It does require pressure on the lid at first, but when the sound changes after a few seconds, you can turn loose of the lid. I've had the seals replaced twice but we do quite a bit of bacon every month (200-250 lbs) so it gets quite the workout. We've since replaced it with the Vacmaster 320 chamber sealer we got from Lisa and relegated the 360 to just sealing vacuum canisters

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky