Thermostatic Control for Cajun Fryer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hotsauce_johnny

Original poster
Feb 14, 2020
Has anyone ever added a thermostatic control to a Cajun Fryer, like an R&V Works? I saw some great reviews on the rig, but am concerned about constantly re-lighting it to bring it up to temp.

Thanks,

John

I know Masterbuilt has a propane fryer with a thermostatic controller, so it definitely is possible. You might be able to buy a replacement kit for the masterbuilt and modify it to fit your need. We have one of the Cajun Fryer's, and then built 3 fryers of our own using the Cajun as a model, and this could definitely be an affordable handy feature for vendor events when I'm using the fryer.

I know Masterbuilt has a propane fryer with a thermostatic controller, so it definitely is possible. You might be able to buy a replacement kit for the masterbuilt and modify it to fit your need. We have one of the Cajun Fryer's, and then built 3 fryers of our own using the Cajun as a model, and this could definitely be an affordable handy feature for vendor events when I'm using the fryer.

Wow, you built cajun fryers? Any pics?

You have added the Masterbuilt controller to a Cajun fryer?
I don't remember the brand of the controller, My uncle has one hooked up to his fry set up. It has a probe that sits in the oil, a controller that meters the gas flow to the burner. Controller kicks on when you load the raw food to fry (as temp. drops) and turns off when set point is reached (when food is fried as temp. rises).
May have been a Kajun Cooker model...

Reactions: hotsauce_johnny
I did one for a friend twenty years ago but his propane valve could accept a temp controller he also had a pilot light.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky