Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Made Sweet potato hash this morning. Did not get many prep pics since I didn’t know what to expect. Once I started cooking I regretted not many pics. So here goes:
Fried up some bacon and chopped it up, sautéed onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Added cubed sweet potato and Jeff’s rub. Put in some fresh garlic and let it ll cook in the CI pan until potato’s softened up. About 12-15 minutes. Added eggs until no longer runny. This will be a new item on the menu. :)

Attachments

• 68569976-0B1F-4619-AF88-2F8CC8E44C3B.jpeg
    68569976-0B1F-4619-AF88-2F8CC8E44C3B.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 7A5CC044-C964-429E-8AFA-2F65AC558A8A.jpeg
    7A5CC044-C964-429E-8AFA-2F65AC558A8A.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Thanks it came out really good. The sweet taters cook in half the time and didn’t stick to pan. More importantly they added some flavor.

That looks good, very nice! I've done something similar but with russets, but will give the sweet potatoes a try...

Man that looks and sounds awesome. Nice work bud
Thanks, I wasn’t so sure about it but it was tasty
Looks awesome, want some of that right now!
thanks, it was definitely shows all the colors you are supposed to have on the plate
That looks good, very nice! I've done something similar but with russets, but will give the sweet potatoes a try...
i usually use russets or red potato’s. I think this will be the new go to

Hash is a weakness of mine. And so is drooling over pictures of hash.
Thanks Sven, I do a lot of hash on weekends this time of year since it’s too cold to fish or golf
Top notch, good work !
Thanks I see man variations coming this winter
Never tried sweet potatoes in hash, but I sure will now!!
Gary
i think you will like it
I hate when my wife catches me on this forum. It's so hard to explain why I'm all sweaty and flustered.
HaHa!!!

Looks great, we love a good hash anytime of day.
I normally do one when cleaning out a lot of small containers out of the fridge and than add the eggs . And they can be sunny up, over easy and most times scrambled

Now I want a big breakfast. lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky