Superbowl 8lb brisket smoked mac & cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmelton005

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2017
Had a few people over for the super bowl and thought I would smoke a brisket i had in my freezer (froze it in Oct. so it was getting about time to use it) Started the MES at 4am and it took about 45 mins to get up to 230 degrees (it was a cool 21 degrees outside) right at around noon it hit a stall. It was stuck at 160 for almost 2 1/2 hours. once I got over the stall I wrapped it in foil until it hit 190. I didn't have a cooler so i put it in the microwave with towels over it and had left my probe in. the temperature didn't rise but 2 more degrees. I didn't take many pics, but i will share what i did take. The girlfriend also made oreo balls. I took the picture right as she burnt her finger and said a choice word :D. I used a rub i found on the net, and honestly I was not much of a fan. It ended up tasting more like taco seasoning than anything. I used a smoked mac n cheese receipt from the traeger website. I know not to use oak wood next time on it. the smoke flavor was just a little overpowering. overall it was a successful weekend.
3kRE4
[IMG/]

mn3qg
[IMG/]

tP7k3
[ IMG/]

XQ4Ms

xsyoN0q

3kRE4

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks good from here. It does look like some photo's didn't make it to the big screen. I'm also curious as to what Oreo balls are?

Point for sure.

Chris

This was my first time posting pictures, sorry for any mistakes. The oreo balls are crushed up Oreos and cream cheese. put the oreo balls in a food processor/blender and mix 16oz of cream cheese per 2 bags of oreos. roll them into little balls no bigger than a golf ball because they are very rich. Put them in the fridge for 4-5 hours to let them harden up. Melt some almond bark in a sauce pan, dip them, then refrigerate. They are pretty good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky