Soda/Beer Can Cover

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Going through some sites for the 3d printer I came across this can cover.
Being I have 2 huge spools of food grade pla filament I decided to print one for my can to see if its a go or no go. Keep the critters out of your can.

So far its a go, will be good for bbq's, picnics or whatever.

wasp1.jpg

wasp2.jpg

Nice. I had a mosquito on me yesterday. Getting warm fast and then pesky bugs will be out

Tried to swallow a honey bee 1 time, set a freshly opened coke down on the ac unit went down the ladder reset the thermostat and went back up, big swallow and it was ugly, I would have paid $20 for 1 of those lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Very practical. I don't drink any soda (pop, tonic, coke, etc.) in many years. I've had to spit out wasps twice without getting stung. I am very reactive to wasp stings

Going through some sites for the 3d printer I came across this can cover.
Being I have 2 huge spools of food grade pla filament I decided to print one for my can to see if its a go or no go. Keep the critters out of your can.

So far its a go, will be good for bbq's, picnics or whatever.

View attachment 662265

View attachment 662266
That's too cool hahaha

Tried to swallow a honey bee 1 time, set a freshly opened coke down on the ac unit went down the ladder reset the thermostat and went back up, big swallow and it was ugly, I would have paid $20 for 1 of those lol
The bee would have happily paid even more.

Neat idea. But, with me. After a few beers and tequila. I'd probably get that stuck in my throat!

I swallowed a fly once, came right back up! Switched to Miller Light 16 oz aluminum bottles with the screw on cap. Solved that problem.
Just curious Rick, does it work with the tab removed? My smustash and tabs don't like each other. :emoji_laughing:

I need one to keep the damned rain and snow out of my beers.

Now all you have to do is add a little nub on the bottom. So it prevents someone from sliding it open. Let the fun begin.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
wow that looks pretty cool. Great Job!! I can't get the dang bud light commercial "real men of Genius" out of my head now. Id buy a couple if you sell them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky