Smokin-It Forum?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Muleystalker

Original poster
Jun 15, 2024
Just curios of anyone know what's going on with the Smokin-It Forum, I tried to get on several time in the last week and a half and keep getting the 505 window, not available. I know there was a good post on hooking up the WiFi, I have a new PRO 5D WiFi model and cant get the thing hooked up. I hope it doesn't go the way of Smokin Tex forum, there was a lot of good info on the Smokin Tex forum I viewed and contributed too over the last 15 years and now it's gone. Glad to have found this site.

Dave

Reactions: PapaLlama
Sites do come and go. Some of the smaller forums are operated by an individual who then recruits moderators. Sometimes something happens to the person who funds the site. Sometimes their life changed in a way that they cannot operate the site anymore.

I was a member of a low carb site that was very active, then one day, poof, there's a docking page for the site but all the content is gone and there are no forums anymore, and no explanation, just gone. I've had other people go at it from different devices to prove it wasn't just me bieng banned. While there WAS content there I wish I could refer back to, I really think about the people (mostly ladies on that one) who really seemed to depend on that site for support and even mental health.

I've learned, if you find something on a forum site you want to keep, save that content to your computer. Of course so many people live their internet lives on small screens. I hate browsing the internet on my phone.

Welcome aboard.
Considering the forum you are asking about is run by a commercial dealer I would think they might be having problems with certificates. I can bring up their main site and all their products so not sure why the forum does not work anymore.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky