Recipe for smokey beef jerky and teriyaki

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Benny123

Original poster
Jan 22, 2020
Hey all, quite new to the beef jerky world, I made my first batch last night and had it on 160 for 4 hours, is this correct?

also, does anyone have a smokey recipe or teriyaki recipe I could use for my next batch?

Thanks

Time really depends on the thickness of your cut and how dry you like your jerky to be. I cut my meat 1/4"-3/8" thick. If I want it really dry then I cut it 1/8" thick.
I like to ramp the temp up starting at around 140 for an hour then up to 160 for an hour then 170 until its done. For me its usually 6-8 hours total time.

I run cherry pellets in an AMazeN tube smoker for smoke the entire time. That gives plenty of smoke.

My go to base recipe is this:

You can add any type of dry seasonings after the marinate.

Here is a simple teriyaki recipe:

• 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 1 -2 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1⁄4 cup cold water
    Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve.Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.After sauce is simmering, add cornstarch and water mixture, whisking well until sauce thickens.Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.Add water to thin if you over-thick it :).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky