Newbie with aspirations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pucknutt51

Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Marquette, MI
Hi All,

I'm a newbie that just obtained a MES (digital) and have great aspirations with what I can accomplish with it. Just finished the pre-smoke as directed and just have to try a Mac and Cheese dish for first attempt.

I have a freezer full of steelhead and salmon filets from my annual fall fishing trip and want to smoke that up next. It is about the only way I can eat fish. Now that I have my own smoker, I don't have to give away my catches.

Looking forward to many good "smokes" as I pick up various recipes.

puck, morning and welcome to the forum....  There is a recipe for  no-boil mac and cheese on here somewhere.... members say it is great....

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/96882/no-boil-macaroni-mac-cheese

There are some great recipes for smoking fish if you need one..... 

Please take a moment and stop into Roll Call and introduce yourself for a proper welcome.....  Filling in types of smoking equipment you use and your location will help our members, in the future, answer any questions you may have...  Our members are very knowledgeable in many areas so ask away...   This forum can become addictive so sit back, relax, enjoy the forum and the long smokey ride....   Dave

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/133/roll-call

Thanks for the Welcome Dave. I'll check-in with more profile info shortly. Gonna be doing some mac and cheese for today's Tigers game.

Tigers are American League Champs!! Great game and a great mac and cheese....for first attempt. Substituted mozarella in place of gouda and probably should have used a mild cheddar (for my taste at least) versus the sharp cheddar.

Here are photos of the dish before smoking, during and the end result.

Thanks for the support and will soon be trying to smoke up my steelhead and salmon.

Go Tigers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky