New member from Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

racerjohnbf

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 7, 2024
Virginia
Hi guys! I'm John, I just joined the other day but I have been smoking meat for quite some time. This is great site and I'm looking forward to being a part of it!

A little about me....
  • I'm from Virginia.
  • I'm a mechanic at a golf course
  • I like to fish
  • I like to bowl
  • I like grilling and smoking meat
  • I like working on and playing with chainsaws
  • I like bringing old axes back to life
I smoked my first rack of baby back ribs on a charcoal grill and have been hooked ever since. I now have a custom 36" Lang reverse flow offset and a weber kettle for grilling.

I guess that's it for now, but you guys have already been really helpful with my first question here.

Thank you!
20160528_104238.jpg

20170701_101601.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Looking forward to learning and improving my skills.

Welcome. Love the Lang, it’s like Lang meets pimp my ride. 😂

Welcome! Ditto the above. I like the wheels on that rig!!
Pimp my smoker! Lol!

Funny thing was I custom ordered it based on some pics on their website and told them the need to be able to move it around easily. I had no idea what it was gonna look like. I was expecting just the plain white wheels they showed, but was pleasantly surprised when it showed up.

Thanks! The closest town to me is little town called West Point. About mid way between Newport News and Richmond.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky