Moving to Idaho! (Anyone familiar with Grand Cafe and Blaze gas grills/griddles?)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoke-Chem BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 20, 2021
I'm a native of southern Idaho. I left for college, then grad school, then work...always trying to get back home, and before I knew it, I'd spent my entire professional career in NJ. Only now that I'm retired can I get back home. My loving NJ-native wife was never a fan of the high desert and canyon lands of southern Idaho, but she does like the pine forests and lakes of the panhandle, in part because the low elevation yields the mildest climate in the state, despite being almost in Canada.

So, we bought a house and are preparing to move next month. The new place is in Coeur d'Alene, though it actually overlooks Hayden Lake, one of the smaller lakes between Lakes Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille.

The home has a pretty good view:

1718824199151.png 1718824251671.png 1718824144534.png

It also has an outdoor kitchen. I'd planned to bring my WSM, get a new, big-honking propane grill and a big Blackstone, but now am only moving my WSM. The kitchen does need some TLC, though. Everything is plumbed into the natural gas line, so no more running out of propane at inopportune times. The burners all work on the Blaze Grills grill, though the ignitors don't work. I've never had grill ignitors work for more than a year. I'd have liked a bigger grill, but I'll make use of this one. Same issue with the Grand Cafe burner/griddle combo...ignitors don't work, but burners do. The griddle is much smaller than I would have liked, but hey, it's there.

Does anyone have any experience with Grand Cafe or Blaze? Is it easy to find parts for these? Are you generally happy with them?

One of the stainless panels is a pull-out trash can, the other is a small fridge that doesn't work but looks to be a standard dorm-size unit. The cold water sink requires running a hose out to the connector (best way to assure it doesn't freeze in the winter, I guess), and it simply drains onto the ground below the upper deck, though I'm sure it will be easy to plumb a proper drain to it, even if only to run the waste water out further from the house.

I'm pretty excited about the move. And terrified about how much more work we have to do to get ready for it.

1718825254531.png 1718825064349.png 1718825112167.png

Not familiar with those brands myself, but I would imagine you could find some parts somewhere online. Congrats on the retirement & big move. Looks like a beautiful place there.

Seems nobody can help with your questions but I'm in with the others... beautiful view!

Actually went and looked... if you Google the parts you mentioned you will find some options... quite a few show up.

Ryan

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Pretty good view, Hahaha!! Beautiful actually, but I'm sure you and your wife know that!! Sorry but no help on the other stuff. Damn, that view though!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky