Mango salsa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
With summer right around the corner, I love having Mango salsa with all types of fish. so i decided largely do to the fact that i recently came into the possession of three mangos, so i decided to practice on them to try out smoked salsa. Some of them could have been ripe enough but gave it a shot anyway.
so cut them up
DSCF3595.JPG

also chopped onions and peppers, also used dried chilli peppers
DSCF3597.JPG

used thies guys to smoke about 2 hours.
DSCF3596.JPG

mixed together added some lime juice. and oranges.
DSCF3598.JPG

Tried a piece of mango right out of the smoker. Did not like the flavor to much, i have had this happen with other stuff so i'm not worried will try it again all mixed together in a few hours, or a couple of days. will comment on it then.

I like mango salsa and tend to make it often in the summer. I don't know how I'd feel about it smoked, certainly worth a try.

badger, the fruits will take on the smoke quick. Try doing a hot sear/char on bigger chunks of the veggies and the fruit over some hot coals with a chunk of wood of your choice for the flavor. Then chop it up and make the salsa. I do fruit salsa a lot in the summer....its really refreshing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky