Grilled up some Pork Steak tonight.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
Weather was holding out, no rain and cooling off a bit. Decided to fire up Ole Black Betty. Threw some charcoal in the main chamber with half a split of hickory. When she was hot, I tossed on some spiced potatoes and onions in foil packs. While those cooked for a bit, I cut up some cauliflower , broccoli and cherry tomatoes. Doused with oil and tossed them around in a Cast Iron pan. I then set that pan on the upper rack. Temp was reading 450-500. After they cooked for a while I tossed on three thick slabs of boneless pork steaks. They were seasoned with just Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Pepper, both sides and edges. Placed them on the lower rack away from the bed of hot coals. Turned them every 8 minutes. Was waiting for the wife to text and say she was on her way home before I moved those steaks over the hot coals for some great grill marks. She texted, but had to stay late to finish writing some notes. To pass some time, I played with the dog in the back yard while turning everything about every 8 min. Finally decided it was her loss, I pulled everything off the grill and sat down to eat. Just as I stuck my fork into a steak she pulled into the driveway. Talk about some good chow!!!!!. Pork was tender and juicy with a light smokey taste, potatoes were superb and the veggies, (from our garden), put the finishing touches on the dinner. Everything was really good.
pork steak.jpg

Weather was holding out, no rain and cooling off a bit. Decided to fire up Ole Black Betty. Threw some charcoal in the main chamber with half a split of hickory. When she was hot, I tossed on some spiced potatoes and onions in foil packs. While those cooked for a bit, I cut up some cauliflower , broccoli and cherry tomatoes. Doused with oil and tossed them around in a Cast Iron pan. I then set that pan on the upper rack. Temp was reading 450-500. After they cooked for a while I tossed on three thick slabs of boneless pork steaks. They were seasoned with just Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Pepper, both sides and edges. Placed them on the lower rack away from the bed of hot coals. Turned them every 8 minutes. Was waiting for the wife to text and say she was on her way home before I moved those steaks over the hot coals for some great grill marks. She texted, but had to stay late to finish writing some notes. To pass some time, I played with the dog in the back yard while turning everything about every 8 min. Finally decided it was her loss, I pulled everything off the grill and sat down to eat. Just as I stuck my fork into a steak she pulled into the driveway. Talk about some good chow!!!!!. Pork was tender and juicy with a light smokey taste, potatoes were superb and the veggies, (from our garden), put the finishing touches on the dinner. Everything was really good.
View attachment 673072

Looks Good!!! Sounds Tasty!! Nice Job!!

Looks mighty good. And sounds like you barely missed a trip to the dog house! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Jim
I'm not blaming her for being late. She is usually done at 7:00 and home by 7:20. Sometimes she runs late. A person can only keep meat on a grill for so long. At 7:45 I made the executive decision to pull them off the grill and enjoy them. She was lucky she came home when she did. I could have finished off her portion also. Love this grill

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I'm not blaming her for being late. She is usually done at 7:00 and home by 7:20. Sometimes she runs late. A person can only keep meat on a grill for so long. At 7:45 I made the executive decision to pull them off the grill and enjoy them. She was lucky she came home when she did. I could have finished off her portion also. Love this grill
I can totally understand that.

Jim

Do remember what the internal temperature was when you pulled them off?
No clue, I never stabbed them with a thermometer before pulling them because they were on so long. I was afraid they were going to be all dried out for being on the grill for so long. I kept them at the far end of the grill before deciding to bring them in. I never flipped them over the hot coals for those signature grill marks like I had planned on doing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky