First batch in a dehydrator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pop-pop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Allentown Pa.
85C9AECB-513C-4964-B357-46CE858A343D.jpeg 708DF6A8-3602-4FE7-9FC4-77820D2972DF.jpeg Usually when I make jerky I use the same marinade and put it in my master built
Propane. But since it’s 19 degrees today and my wife got me an Excalibur dehydrator
2 years ago for Christmas I figured I better use it. I used the same recipe and added
Some liquid smoke ( hickory ) , 1/2 tsp per # . I have to say it’s not bad at all. I think
It might shrink more in the dehydrator than the smoker but I would try it again this way

Very cool.. nice gift..:)

I'm doing some in my bullet Masterbuilt smoker now. Beef bourbon bbq. I can put 3 racks in. I'm doing 3 lbs of meat at a time. 4 batches . It goes 2 hours in smoke and one hour in the oven to finish. All HICKORY at 180 average for the 3 hours. I will see how much it loses weight wise in a while.. got the scale ready.

Fun stuff to do.. it's only 20° here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky