Cast Iron Biscuits and Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ososmokeshack

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
NorCal
Whipped up some biscuits and gravy tonight for dinner with a couple eggs. Quick easy dinner.

nothing fancy, just a well seasoned cast iron skillet and a few ingredients.

1 quart of heavy cream
Garlic powder
1 package of breakfast sausage - raw
1 pound of bacon
Salt and pepper
roux

2CCB8540-A638-44AA-A830-FEA313FE998B.jpeg
5600F425-86B3-44D7-8D0D-C015BD81E322.jpeg
2B1E3A33-0759-4414-A7B4-548AF19A6794.jpeg
92273B48-75EE-4F9C-8C87-19C18953A972.jpeg

Nice! My one Daughter and I are big Sausage Gravy fans, Mom and the other Daughter, not so much, but they like Sausage Patties on Biscuits.
Speaking of Biscuits...One of you guys recommended Grands Frozen Biscuits awhile ago. I finally had a chance to try them. Thanks for the heads-up! I make Great Biscuits and these Grands Frozen Biscuits are almost as good as mine and way less work! I don't care for the taste or texture of the Pillsbury Tubed Biscuits you bake off. But the Frozen Biscuits are completely different. They have taste and texture of homemade Buttermilk Biscuits. I too now highly recommend them...JJ

I could eat biscuit and gravy 7 days a week, diabetic so maybe once every week or 2 now, yep frozen grand are great. love to make my rue with bacon grease but no garlic or parsley in my gravy lol

Reactions: 39Buick
Looks good and I see at least one of the bowls your eggs are done correctly, scrambled only way to go

Nice job!
We have been doing B/G forever around here. My kids made it a Xmas morning tradition and both were terribly upset when i announced one year that I was going to do a breakfast casserole instead!
Needless to say they got B/G!!
Grands and Mrs. Whites frozen in a pinch but nothing beats a made from scratch biscuit!

Yup a good down home meal there. Done a lot around our house.

ChefJimmyJ glad you liked those biscuits I them I may have been the one to mention them a while back.

Warren

Nice! My one Daughter and I are big Sausage Gravy fans, Mom and the other Daughter, not so much, but they like Sausage Patties on Biscuits.
Speaking of Biscuits...One of you guys recommended Grands Frozen Biscuits awhile ago. I finally had a chance to try them. Thanks for the heads-up! I make Great Biscuits and these Grands Frozen Biscuits are almost as good as mine and way less work! I don't care for the taste or texture of the Pillsbury Tubed Biscuits you bake off. But the Frozen Biscuits are completely different. They have taste and texture of homemade Buttermilk Biscuits. I too now highly recommend them...JJ
Those really are good. Nothing beats a homemade biscuit though.

I could eat biscuit and gravy 7 days a week, diabetic so maybe once every week or 2 now, yep frozen grand are great. love to make my rue with bacon grease but no garlic or parsley in my gravy lol
Looks good and I see at least one of the bowls your eggs are done correctly, scrambled only way to go
Nice job!
We have been doing B/G forever around here. My kids made it a Xmas morning tradition and both were terribly upset when i announced one year that I was going to do a breakfast casserole instead!
Needless to say they got B/G!!
Grands and Mrs. Whites frozen in a pinch but nothing beats a made from scratch biscuit!
Yup a good down home meal there. Done a lot around our house.

ChefJimmyJ glad you liked those biscuits I them I may have been the one to mention them a while back.

Warren
Yep, love sausage and biscuits...

Great Lookin' breakfast for dinner Adam.

LIKE!

John

Nothing beats a comfort meal some times. Thanks for the likes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky