Blackstone 22" griddle.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After seasoning the grill. There was enough gas left for 2 cooks. I'm thinking the hose is in my future as well.

I'm thinking the griddle wants to be somewhere in the 350º-375º range most of the time. I don't know if there's enough gas left in the cannister to get the griddle to temp and cook breakfast this morning, I might just wait for my hose to arrive for break-in. I plan to make cover for the griddle out of thin plywood and a handle. In the meantime with some packing tape and a sheetrock knife I made a cover out of the box, looks like it'll do for about five years. RAY
DSCN1874.JPG

The Mr. Heater hose screwed right in. Haven't fired it up yet. I mentioned the different size when I talked with the HOE manager and he said he has not heard of the " Blackstone" only from any customers. I would Think anything a 1# bottle would screw into ? ? ?

I'm thinking the griddle wants to be somewhere in the 350º-375º range most of the time. I don't know if there's enough gas left in the cannister to get the griddle to temp and cook breakfast this morning, I might just wait for my hose to arrive for break-in. I plan to make cover for the griddle out of thin plywood and a handle. In the meantime with some packing tape and a sheetrock knife I made a cover out of the box, looks like it'll do for about five years. RAY
View attachment 449039
I like the cover Ray :emoji_wink:
Have bunch of plastic totes. May try something similar for temporary.

Reactions: sawhorseray
That box looks to be pretty much waterproof. Being under the patio and not really exposed to the elements much I'm just going to see how long it'll last before I break out the tools. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
The Mr. Heater hose screwed right in. Haven't fired it up yet. I mentioned the different size when I talked with the HOE manager and he said he has not heard of the " Blackstone" only from any customers. I would Think anything a 1# bottle would screw into ? ? ?

Any 1 pound bottle will fit. I was referring to the part that screws onto the grill itself. I've read that some aftermarket ones will fit. But be careful of low flame issues.

Reactions: Winterrider
My Blackstone table:
I remembered the old, cheap, junk gas grill sitting out behind the barn so I recycled the base and trashed the rest. Then made a simple plywood top with some 1x3 pine for the apron. The top is ceramic tile left over from the house construction. Only required one trip to the hardware store for four conduit straps (used to attach the plywood to the base tubes). Everything else was laying around somewhere. I am a great proponent of the "never throw anything away" philosophy.

DSC_1050.jpg

Any 1 pound bottle will fit. I was referring to the part that screws onto the grill itself. I've read that some aftermarket ones will fit. But be careful of low flame issues.
I guess I didn't explain very well, my fault. But my heater hose screws right into low pressure regulator instead of bottle. Going to try later this afternoon to do the seasoning.
Edit:
Using the Mr. Heater hose for seasoning. Works great. Couple more coats.
20200612_135748.jpg 20200612_142037.jpg 20200612_143254.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I didn't explain very well, my fault. But my heater hose screws right into low pressure regulator instead of bottle. Going to try later this afternoon to do the seasoning. Edit: Using the Mr. Heater hose for seasoning. Works great. Couple more coats.

It's all clear to me now WR, nice that it works for you, saves $30! I'm still waiting for my hose to arrive and I'm all seasoned up. Got another cannister of propane yesterday just so I could break it in with some bacon and eggs this morning. Picked up a pound of some cheap fatty bacon for the initial test drive, got everything for Philly cheesesteaks now too. RAY

You're fine . I have the older 28 " that had the front drain on it . Runs down the leg . I cut off a laundry basket , and put the front legs in that . I'd like to come up with something else . Just need to look at it . I could probably modify it to drain out the back .

Reactions: Winterrider
61375518277__9CCEF646-1D1A-450E-AA13-B7AA7012C347.JPG

FWIW Found this kit at Walmart & purchased a 2nd squirt bottle to the tally of $11.18. Quality seems on par with the BS kit but just a tad less on the pocket. They do have sharpened edges on all tools and soft grips were nice to aid yur grip on tools.

I was wanting a Black Stone and kept seeing them but not discounted.Call out to the forum for mentioning they were at Sams for 99.00 bucks and picked up the 22" model...Thank You:emoji_thumbsup:

Hopefully I may get some time today after yard work to season it.

Last edited:
So on the way back from Niagara Falls. I stopped at Lowes and picked up a hose/adapter I had waiting for me. Figured for 19.00 it was worth a shot. Since I couldn't find a blackstone one. And Weber wanted 40.00 for theirs.
P6200956.JPG
P6200957.JPG

And I'm happy to report it works fine. Hooked it up to my bulk tank. Checked for leaks. And fired it up. This is the way to go if your keeping it in one place.

Just ordered hinged cover from Blackstone. Think it will be nice for melting cheese and such.
I'm in process of making movable cart for griddle. Will post if turns out respectable.

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky