A couple more questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wombat

Original poster
Sep 5, 2014
I'm putting together a smoker working along the lines of a Jambo Pit with a cooking chamber of 48" X 24" diameter. I'm not trying to copy Jamie Geers design but something that works along the same lines.

Firstly, the door on the Jambo pits are doubles and I intend to use a single 44" door with a counterweight. Can anyone see a problem with this?

Secondly, Jamie uses 7 guage steel which I figure is about 4.7mm thick. I have the option of 5mm or 6mm. The difference is about 40kg in weight and $100 in materials. Neither is much of an issue. Any suggestions. I mainly cook in Brisbane with a subtropical climate

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky