Zucchini Lasagna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Tried using KitchenAid Vegetable Sheet Cutter turned into a nightmare. Cuts way to thin and the end that turns the veg just spins out. After going to the store for the 3rd time went back to old way. Use a Mandoline Slicer to slice about 1/8" Lightly Salt and spray a little oil on each side and wait 15 minutes. Mean while heat grill on med. Than grill each side about a minute or so to get rid of moisture. Use paper towel to remove any more moisture and salt. Had some tomatoes to use up so made a sauce with them. Fried up 1lb hot sausage and 1/2 lb hamburger. Made up the filling. I was planning on three layers but soon figured out not emough room so the second layer got extra filling. My new phone messed up taking couple of the pictures but I had saved a little sauce to put on bottom than a layer of Zucchini. Spread filling than meat sauce and cheese. Repeat. Another layer of Zucchini a little meat sauce and cheese. Baked 30 minutes covered in foil and 25 without. Let sit in fridge over night to setup good. Boy this turned into a job! but I think guys on the river going to like especially John's wife. My food is the only food he brings home that she will eat. I always vac pack. She gave me some food storage dishes the other day and said to keep it coming. She feeds our older friend and it gives her a break.

20230710_121302.jpg 20230710_143804.jpg

20230710_145423.jpg 20230710_150220.jpg

20230710_151722.jpg 20230710_152147.jpg

20230711_043334.jpg

That's a great looking plate of lasagna Brian. What's better than the plate though is the story. Kudos to you my friend for taking care of others. What a fantastic gesture.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
That's a great looking plate of lasagna Brian. What's better than the plate though is the story. Kudos to you my friend for taking care of others. What a fantastic gesture.

Robert
Thanks Robert. It also makes me feel good giving my food and spirits away and see how much people enjoy it. Would be nice to have someone at home to cook for but not in the cards for me. I still not tasted but pretty sure its good. I let set over night and I fast 18 hours a day during the week so be tonight before I try. One for Doyle and I always vac seal for Gloria so she knows it clean.

20230711_070620.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
Great job Brian. That is really nice of you to help feed the older friend and help giving the wife a break. It’s a lot of work taking care of somebody else especially difficult if not related. My hat is off to you. Funny how giving works. The giver often times feels more blessed then the receiver.

Great looking pan of goodness right there. And you are so right....I love to cook and love to see folks enjoy it. I always tell them I want honest opinions of what I do. Mainly because I just want to get better at cooking and I want them to enjoy what I do.

Jim

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Looks and sounds great Brian, and the background story is fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky