Z Grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baumer64

Original poster
May 16, 2010
Okanogan WA
I've been seeing these listed on Facebook recently. The Z Grills Elite 900 is listed at $359 for July delivery. 456 sq. in. grilling area with 129 sq in warming rack. Anyone know anything about these? It's a start up company I think from China. Here is a link telling more.

I've been seeing these listed on Facebook recently. The Z Grills Elite 900 is listed at $359 for July delivery. 456 sq. in. grilling area with 129 sq in warming rack. Anyone know anything about these? It's a start up company I think from China. Here is a link telling more.

I just spent 15 seconds on the website to see enough:  anytime I see something that says "equity offerings", it makes me run like Usain Bolt.  Other things that make me shudder on your post above:

1.  It's March.  Looking at a July delivery.  This isn't a custom Pitts 'n Spitts/Oyler/Klose pit that's being built.  No way should there be this kind of lead time for a mass produced product.  They're needing your money on the front end in order to justify turning the lights on.

2.  456 sq. in cooking surface.  It's tiny:  you may be able to do some chicken parts, but no way on brisket, butts, rib racks, or anything of size.

3.  "It's a start-up company...."  Where are you 9 months from now, trying to get warranty relief on a broken product with a non-existent company?  No thanks.

3.  "I think from China."  Say no more.

I don't mean to whiz on your parade, but I would be running away from this, not walking.  My $0.02.

Reactions: baumer64
Thanks gr0uch0- I was thinking along the same line. Once I see "Made in China" I get a big red flag going off in my head. Now my LEM grinder was made in China and it's been great but I did have to have some parts replaced when it was new. (Bad casting of auger body).
Been looking to get a pellet smoker and was about decided on Rec-Tec. After seeing some issues from this forum though, I'm going to do more research.

Thanks gr0uch0- I was thinking along the same line. Once I see "Made in China" I get a big red flag going off in my head. Now my LEM grinder was made in China and it's been great but I did have to have some parts replaced when it was new. (Bad casting of auger body).
Been looking to get a pellet smoker and was about decided on Rec-Tec. After seeing some issues from this forum though, I'm going to do more research.
If there were just one of the things that I listed above, I don't think it would really be that alarming to me.  But with all of them rolled together, and it really gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Reactions: baumer64
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky