Yay...The Freezer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Well better late than never as they say.

Asked the delivery driver what was the major delay? Supply chain crap?
No
Worker issues. Nobody wants to work or they dont show or they stay just for their first check and dont come back.

Now I gotta fill it up.
frz.JPG

I have some venison coming soon.
frz1.JPG

What size is that one? I'm wanting to get rid of my chest freezer and get one like this.

Jim

Aren't you supposed to plug it in and let it chill before you fill it? It looks like a power cord in the lower left hand corner of pic #2?

Nice looking freezer. I like the standup freezers so much better the the chest freezers. Much easier on my back, and finding things.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice. My Dad just got a new one and there is a green glowing light under it so you have a visual reference that it is working. Seems like a common sense feature that should be on all deep freezes.

Reactions: JLeonard
Aren't you supposed to plug it in and let it chill before you fill it? It looks like a power cord in the lower left hand corner of pic #2?

Nice looking freezer. I like the standup freezers so much better the the chest freezers. Much easier on my back, and finding things.

Chris
Already done chilled 6 hours. The cord is from my heated chicken water barrel that I still need to get out there. The bucket under it is 5lbs of coffee ground for the coop.

Nice freezer! I'm a huge fan of vertical vs the chest and mystery meat in the bottom......

My wife wants to buy a standup freezer to replace our chest freezer. Have had the chest freezer for 20 years, hate to get rid of it when it still works great.
That's how the one I had was. Then one day says something smells in the laundry room. When I cracked that freezer open! Well you know. I had to use my charcoal paint mask to empty it and used two rolls of duct tape to seal lid. As it had to be turned on end to get out of laundry room.
There's a upright in there now!

Question for those choosing upright over chest freezers.

Aren't most (or all) uprights frost-free? Meaning they have a defrost cycle to keep the frost levels down?

When I was shopping this seemed to be the theme so I went with a chest. I didn't want my food continuously warming and cooling just to keep some ice off the sides.

With the chest I just keep food in totes according to certain categories and usage. Beef, fish, venison, veggies, etc. I put the most used on top and just pull them out if I need something down lower.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky