Working (Smoking) at work. Is it really "work?"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Spodie Odie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 17, 2019
Got Hoss fully loaded with groceries bright and early for lunch today. 13 racks of ribs, 14 leg quarters and 2 butts. I would gladly cook at work rather than work! Turned out good! Rotisserie Smoker. Charcoal base then used pecan wood. 4.5 hours between 250- 275 degrees

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

Man, nice smoker and even nicer food.
Hope your coworkers appreciate you.
That should count as overtime!

Ha! It's even better when you cook it at home, bring the BBQ lunch in, eat with the crew and then go back home for the day.
Now if I convince my Boss to let me do it again

Reactions: ofelles
Big Hell Yeah! I've smoked for several lunch events at my office. Hoping to do some more in the near future. Ribs looks great

chilerelleno chilerelleno Thanks a lot! That's a good idea I will have to mention that.

SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan Football season is coming up so I'm sure you can convince people at work for the sake of football.

hardcookin hardcookin Thanks, this smoker has been thru many cooks. We added a second stack to it to give it even smoke and it will sure put it out

I know someone who does it for a living but he's young and lives on little money. I suppose if he owns a place someday he could have his own business and make more but then it's gonna be real work because running a business isn't much fun for most folks. The gubberment makes sure to take all of the fun out of it.
Ain't that the dang truth!

Yep. It seems they think their job and main purpose in life is to make the rest of us miserable. I'm from the government and I'm here to help. LOL.
I probably shouldn't complain since I at least don't have to pay state income tax. From what I've read, you guys in CA are getting killed!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky