Wireless Internet gets a boost

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

helljack6

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 15, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Saw this while surfing around looking for information as I usually do all day.

http://www.dailywireless.org/2009/0...n-its-official/

"IEEE standardization will ensure interoperability and high speed. It will theoretically connect at 300Mbps, about six times the theoretical 54 Mbps peak speed of the previous 208.11g/a standards. Typical thoughput of “N” is expected to be around 144 Mbit/s.

Routers that support two spatial streams of data will be certified as “Dual-Stream N.” Theoretical maximum throughput for these routers will be up to 300 megabits per second. Routers with three or four spatial streams will be even faster, with theoretical throughput of 450 mbps or 600 mbps speeds.

A 100-300 Mbps “N” connection to a WiFi router won’t make your 10 Mbps cable modem connection any faster, of course. Still, 802.11n is expected to help businesses and education where hundreds of people are forced to share a single access point. The faster standard allows faster file sharing and better media handling, as well." - taken from HowardForums.com

icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
SAY WHAT
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

In Street language he said, " The new "802.11n" routers will be about twice as fast as the old "802.11g" routers for wireless internet...
icon_mrgreen.gif

That has nothing to do with internet speed though. It would only be handy if you have wireless media centers and transfer files wirelessly.

WHAT Say it slow I'm just a dumb azz drywall guy. Sorry le I just couldn't understand that computer lingo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky