Winchester Wings*

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
*With a Texas Twist tallbm tallbm
After agreeing with fellow Virginian Z zippy12 that it had been too long since Weberizing some wings,I was inspired to do some.
I use my ring from my WSM 14 as a Hillbilly vortex.

KIMG0529.jpg

Pretty cool colors.
KIMG0531.jpg
Wings dosed up.
KIMG0532.jpg
On the screaming grill,"Face" side down.Guarding...
KIMG0533.jpg
Guarding...
KIMG0534.jpg
At the flip
KIMG0536.jpg
Ready for SAUSE!
KIMG0538.jpg
KIMG0537.jpg
KIMG0539.jpg
KIMG0541.jpg

Last edited:
Agree nice looking wings you got.

point for sure

Chris

Wow amazing looking wings and the sause... oh the sause!!!

It's funny I have like 3 extra 28oz bottles of Rudy's BBQ Sause in the pantry but I'm always worried I need more hahahaha. That BBQ sauce is out of this world good and I need to make some bbq wings with it!

I'm glad you are thoroughly enjoying it. I MIGHT be able to get some free time and smoke a brisket next weekend. If so I'm probably going to go through a whole bottle just by myself hhahaahaha. Keep up the good smokin!

That looks beyond words!

Thanks
Thank you for the prod zip! I don't know why I don't do them more often because I love'em.

Okay... Those are some nice looking Wings, great color and the sauce looks awesome.
Like!
HAH! Thanks man.
Like a form letter "Okay... Those are some nice looking ______, great color and the ______ looks awesome.":D

Agree nice looking wings you got.

point for sure

Chris
Thanks Chris...say,you havn't posted any of your kettle delicacies lately:)

If you dbl. foil that ring it would work more like the vortex.Nice job on the wings LIKES
Richie
Thank you Richie.
I haven't noticed a real difference between foiling/not.I can tell ya that I should foil the charcoal grate and cut it out under the ring.The kettle is a wreck with the chicken grease!

Those are some mighty fine looking wings there brother!
Al
Thanks Al,The kettle never disappoints or at least it hasn't for the past 30 years or so:)

Wow amazing looking wings and the sause... oh the sause!!!

It's funny I have like 3 extra 28oz bottles of Rudy's BBQ Sause in the pantry but I'm always worried I need more hahahaha. That BBQ sauce is out of this world good and I need to make some bbq wings with it!

I'm glad you are thoroughly enjoying it. I MIGHT be able to get some free time and smoke a brisket next weekend. If so I'm probably going to go through a whole bottle just by myself hhahaahaha. Keep up the good smokin!
Thanks man.When I use it,I use it sparingly,just enough for a good tacky coat.It sets up so quickly for not being predominately sweet.Gonna need more soon as I've been using it more this time of year.:)
Sause on Bro!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky