Why rotate your salami in a frost free drying chamber?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Great vlog from Italy....rotating explained....

Obviously, these salami were not dried in a chamber, but the principles are the same...even drying, airflow, temp, and humidity.

At 7-10 days, I rotate mine around. The air movement in my chamber is strongest in the front at the top of my salamis because the cold air return is at the top in the back. Thus, as it enters the chamber, it hits the door and angles down. I also lengthen the hang strings on the salamis about 6" to lower them closer to the bottom of the chamber so the flow is not as strong. I will also invert the salamis over time while rotating them around in the chamber so one end does not dry out too much from the air flow.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky