Who Fired Up Thier Pit Today?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TheBBQChef

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 16, 2021
Branson, MO
Who fired up their pit and cooked something delicious today?! This is a Texas-style Tri-Tip that I cooked for breakfasts and lunches throughout the week.

Ran it at 235F until 110 in the center and then pulled the charcoal basket up on the OJ Bronco and seared it until 130 and then pulled it to rest.

Seasoning is Kosher salt, course black pepper, hot smoked paprika, and a touch of garlic powder. Flavored with post oak wood chunks.

20210217_175031.jpg 20210217_182018.jpg 20210217_182311.jpg

Very nice looking piece of beef. Wish I could find decent priced tri tip around here.
I get prime cuts of strip loin for much less money so no brainer on what I purchase from the store?

Reactions: TheBBQChef
Very nice looking piece of beef. Wish I could find decent priced tri tip around here.
I get prime cuts of strip loin for much less money so no brainer on what I purchase from the store?
I don't blame you one bit! I get my tri-tip from Sam's usually, so it's reasonable. I was floored last week when they had prime brisket at $2.76/lb! I couldn't believe my eyes! Picked up an 18.5 pounder that will go on the pit tomorrow night for Saturday evening dinner.

Your tri tip looks delicious! Haven't had smoker going recently... too many leftovers to eat up first. Finally got above 0 here also, 9 degrees and feels like 1, wife and I chuckled... feels like a nice day!

Ryan

That's a mighty fine TT. Love the char !
I'm smoking 1" pork chops and plan to finish off with high heat. Hopefully get the same color as your TT !

Your tri tip looks delicious! Haven't had smoker going recently... too many leftovers to eat up first. Finally got above 0 here also, 9 degrees and feels like 1, wife and I chuckled... feels like a nice day!

Ryan
It was -10F here on Tuesday morning. Yesterday it 15F. My wife and I joked how it was 25 degrees warmer than it was the day before. It was reasonable enough yesterday that I had to get at least one pit fired up and make some BBQ. Going to be in the mid-50s next week too.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky