Who’s up early rolling smoke this morning?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Getting up at 7am is almost unheard of for me. I must have been tired. I'm usually up around 3am. I just put the cured pork loin in the smoker.
These will be thick sliced boneless chops. And will get a char on them before serving.
P9012943.jpg

Up early too. Up at 4ish. Binged on some Netflix. Carnival Row and some strong tea. Just made a latte double shot after running to get some donuts for the fam. Local joint runs out if you are late...

My first snack sticks on deck. Stuffed last night. I think my plunger gasket was upside down like your was Steve H Steve H Also, I am jealous. You are doing what I wish I was smoking. Only difference, I plan to cold smoke, make into chops, and roast in kraut. I had a similar morning as yours yesterday. Woke up at 9am. I was like WTH?!

Up early too. Up at 4ish. Binged on some Netflix. Carnival Row and some strong tea. Just made a latte double shot after running to get some donuts for the fam. Local joint runs out if you are late...

My first snack sticks on deck. Stuffed last night. I think my plunger gasket was upside down like your was Steve H Steve H Also, I am jealous. You are doing what I wish I was smoking. Only difference, I plan to cold smoke, make into chops, and roast in kraut. I had a similar morning as yours yesterday. Woke up at 9am. I was like WTH?!

Ha, maybe it's the cooler weather. At least up this way. My mother used to make pork chops with kraut, spices, and crushed tomatoes. Loved that dish. I just got the recipe from my sister. I'm looking forward to having that again.

Getting up early tomorrow...going to do a labor day smoke. Next week i have family coming from Cali so im going tomorrow to feed them. going to do 2 chickens and 3 racks of ribs!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: mikewoods
Up early with my youngest son, got 4 st louis racks goin on in a few for dinner an 5lbs of sticks for tomorrow. Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone. 20190901_103532.jpg

Reactions: phatbac
I started usin bears step by step an kinda branched from there currently using a mix of maple sugar salt an black pepper pluse cure 1 and after rinsing an before smokin rub em down with maple sugar or maple syrup.

Nice! My CB is pretty good. But I want to bring it up a bit. Perhaps with cracked pepper or something.

Didn't start until 0800, but got a turkey done.

Attachments

• Turkey.jpg
    Turkey.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Reb
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky