Where to look ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sneaky pete

Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Old Sneaky here: As a new guy it is taking a while to get familliar with the surrondings. I checked the forum lists and couldn't actually find anything pertaining to injecting meat, game, or fowl. I'm sure that the subject is covered somewhere. THANX for your help. SNEAKY

Try going to the forum that covers the meat you want to smoke, then do a search in that forum... that might help. Also, I know there's a lot of folks here that use the needle... they should be along soon.

Have fun!

Yeah, as Flash said what are you looking for exactly?
I inject chickens and venison.
Need more info to help.

Old Sneaky here: I'v tried injecting pork butt/shoulder with apple juice, brown sugar, onion/garlic powder and worchestershire and was satisfied but I'm conserned with brisket. what to use and would it result in lumps/bubbles????

No lumps/bubbles by the time it's done. I'd use the onion/garlic mix, perhaps in a vehicle of good burgandy wine. Consider simmering fresh garlic and onion, with a bit of thyme and rosemary and a pat of butter in a cup or so of burgandy or heavy red, straining and injecting.

I have injected a lot of meats and birds using the marinades from "cajuninjector.com". Usually deep fried or grilled, but I don't see why they wouldn't work for smoking. Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky