Where to get 150 or 250 gal tank in NC, VA, MD, DE, PA..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cwinfrey

Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
I have been looking for a 150 or 250 gal old propane tank for a few months to turn into a smoker. If anyone knows where I can buy one, find one, come across one, trip over one, run into one, steal one (kidding), etc... please let me know. I have been calling places, looking on craigslist, emailing propane companies etc, asking people at work etc... I would like to have one built before summer has come and gone...
Ask any neighbors, people at work, at church, friends and family etc.. I am frequently in Hampton Roads Virginia and in Southern Maryland. So I can get to North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, DC, Deleware, Pennsylvania. OK well you get my point...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one seems like too good to be true:
http://cgi.ebay.com/oil-tank-/260592...item3cac815dae

- 275 gallon oil tank for 100 bucks; no bidding or anything.
I didn't contact the guy to see if there were any details, but that could be your solution right there.
If, for whatever reason, that one doesn't work out, this is another option:
http://cgi.ebay.com/450-GALLON-AIR-R...item1e5be88351

It's a much larger 475 gallon tank that would require a bit more work; former air compressor tank with a few more holes to fill. It's being sold by Moses B. Glick, they are a salvage yard in Fleetwood PA,
I am willing to bet they have many other tanks, or will in the near future, that you can have a look at in person. Their phone number: 610-906-1385.
I think both of those should get you started in the right direction

If this does not work for you call smokindudes in Croydon, PA. They are the Meadowcreek ditrubutor and he has told me that he can gets tanks.

I hope this help

The first one sounds more like my price range, But I believe I found my solution. The company I have called many many times to see if they have any 250's available always has 500's available but no 250's. well I'm just gonna get the 500 and cut it in half and have 2 smokers....And I dont think anyone can beat the price, $50....

I have an old oil tank 200-250 gallon that you can purchase...150.00 will get it, but you would have to pick it up! Montvale, Va. between Bedford & Roanoke, Virginia.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky