Where to buy a Packer in NNJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danbono

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 19, 2012
North New Jersey Paramus
Hi Last month I did buy a whole brisket/packer at the Walmart Supercenter in Garfield NJ.. Been back there 3 times with NO luck, couldn't even  find the meat manager to see what is going on with the whole briskets. Does any know wheere in North NJ /Paramus area  I can find them??

Thanks Dan

PS I DON'T belong to any of the warehouse food stores..

JJ thanks for the links..Those places are kinda pricey, been to Fairway a few times, was not impressed with thier meat.

I wish Walmart would get the packers back in, only $2.58 lb..I quess I'll just have to settle for the smaller flats.

Thanks Again Dan

Rowdy: I don't belong to to Sams club.Maybe I should join one it is close buy. Checked online didn't see brisket listed.

Went back to the Walmart Supercenter, spoke to the meat manager she said she would order some..Who knows.

Thanks Dan

Hi Martin I checked my local Sams club on the Net..All they show is a Kobe brisket 10/12lbs for $89.00 and a Angus flat for $3.96 lb.

Didn't see any packers/whole brisket listed..The search goes on..

I did go back to the Walmart Supercenter and spoke to the Meat Manager, she said they sell out fast, then she also said maybe we DON'T sell enough to stock them??? I'll keep trying the price was right $2.58 lb.

Thanks Dan

Last edited:
Hi All I sent an E-mail to the meat company that supplies Walmart with whole brisket/packers.Here is his responsive.

"Dan we will ship a couple of cases to the Garfield NJ store they will be there on Saturday. We will also have a couple of more sent there next week. So you should be able to get briskets at the Garfield Store. If you can’t here is a list of other stores that should have them".

Thanks Paul Maly

Sounds good. Will be there Saturday too see what really happens. Don't know why but, I'm not expecting much.

Thanks Dan

Hi All Bad news No packer for Labor day. Been back the last 3 days to my closest Walmart Supercenter, and NO brisket have arrived.
th_crybaby2.gif

Oh well maybe go with a boston butt.

Thanks Dan

Hi All Great news the briskets finally arrived at my Walmart Supercenter. Purchased two of them, wish I had a bigger freezer.

Now what to do with them, one was  9 lbs the 7.75 lbs. The nine pounder will fit my grill grate just fine, just under 15",its a fat little guy.

The other is much longer, going to used some of it mixed with chuck, for ground meat, and smoked sausage.

Thanks Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky