What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 I have been in the oilfield for the past 25 yrs, Currently a drilling supervisor. Started with a bradley as a birthday gift and started smoking venison and jerky..... The rest is history....

i worked in mich
as a diemaker 20 yrs then took a job with stanly black and decker as a bieler operator (little high speed presses)

Been in construction for 40 years started out as a laborer, currently part of a team building a $500 million dollar pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Southern California. Hard work pays off.

I'm an Assistant Vice President of Merchant Services for one of the largest Banks. Been in Banking for over 17 yrs now. Used to be a Senior Relationship Manager for business banking at another major bank.

Also my wife and I have a ranch with over 75 head of Black Angus. Love having our own beef to smoke and cure. My other job is also a father to my 20 month old daughter and 5 month old son.

I'm an Assistant Vice President of Merchant Services for one of the largest Banks. Been in Banking for over 17 yrs now. Used to be a Senior Relationship Manager for business banking at another major bank.

Also my wife and I have a ranch with over 75 head of Black Angus. Love having our own beef to smoke and cure. My other job is also a father to my 20 month old daughter and 5 month old son.

My wife is a reformed "Evil Corporate Banker" from one of the big five. She was an SVP in risk monitoring.

I'm a civil engineer and have about 25 years in the land development and municipal utilities design, but alas, those days are gone.  Now I'm doing engineering and project management in fueling and fuel storage.  One of these days I'll get my hands on one of those double wall oil tanks and convert it to a smoker.  They recently had to scrap one of them an a 1,000-galon gas AST down in Harlingen, TX. That's a bit of a haul from Delaware.  

I am the fourth generation to be in Oil & Gas Production. I am a Production Foreman over two oil leases, for a small company based out of California.

I have been BBQing a few times a month most of my life, but just simple things. One of my buddys build a nice big horizontal smoker at work, of course it weighed a ton. Then our welder build the same setup, tweaked to his standards. So I have  had this on my mind to make, or get one ever since. So I picked up an Oklahoma Joe Highlander about two weeks ago. 

I am a line pilot for a helicopter company based in Oregon, but currently on a project in Papua New Guinea support land based oil and gas drilling operations.  Our company also does stateside helicopter logging, firefighting, construction, and  foreign operations in Afghanistan.  I spend half the year in the jungle/half the year in Central Oregon... 

I've been retired from the Air Force since 2004. My wife and I have owned a screen printing and embroidery shop for 4 years

I retired from the Air Force in 2004.  My wife and I currently own a screen printing and embroidery shop  and she still does some contract work for a computer s/w company.

I am a line pilot for a helicopter company based in Oregon, but currently on a project in Papua New Guinea support land based oil and gas drilling operations.  Our company also does stateside helicopter logging, firefighting, construction, and  foreign operations in Afghanistan.  I spend half the year in the jungle/half the year in Central Oregon... 
Gee is that all sounds like such a boring life lol just kidding sounds like every day is an adventure. Sign me up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky