What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Retired, worked for Canadian National Railways for 35 years.
Bought a Bradley Smart Smoker and loving it.

I have done many things. From a professional baker to residential property manager. Most recently and for the last 12 years commercial/multifamily flooring sales. Looking for a new job after a relocation from MD to SWFL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello. I'm retired after being an Operator in coal fired power plants for 39 years so i too have worked my share of shifts and holidays. We live in Georgia and have a second home in North Carolina. My hobby is collecting (accumulating according to my wife) guns. Because of the war on coal they closed down the last plant I worked at (28 years). As an aside they dynamited the 1000 ft stack a couple weeks ago. If your interested search YouTube for Plant Branch stack. There are a bunch of videos but a 6 minute one made by CDI, the company that did the demo is the best in my opinion. Here is a link. Happy smoking.

Last edited:
Retired technical manager  ( glass container manufacturing ) from the US living in Thailand. Full time master of wasting time in pursuit of whatever I feel like now! 

Full Time: Probation Officer for 11 years.... Part Time: Clerk at Jail & Sports Clerk at local paper  Unpaid: Volunteer Firefighter for 22 years.

Retired RN. Biker, grandfather, writer, dreamer, meat smoker. Logistics volunteer at our local festivals and events. Also a wine maker and drinker as well as a seriously out there atheist and humanitarian.

I'm retired a little over a year now. Loving it. Before, I was a Mechanical Engineer for 40 years, did everything from design, process/product engineering, some supervising. When I retired I was the CMM programmer/operator, used 4 different types of CAD, plus ran the Calibration program.

Now I smoke stuff, drink craft beer, read and do a variety of projects around our house that was built in the 1890s. Haven't gotten bored yet.

I do lawn care, I also sell at the flee market now. I have line cooked, stripped hwy and parking lots, done right of way clearing..buried cable with phone co., made trusses, man holes and concrete pipe maker, furniture maker, and a few others. Love the lawn care the best, in it for 20 years here in Florida.

Heavy haul truck driver. I move all the road construction equipment that my company owns. I get the thrill of weighing almost 200,000 lbs(with the heaviest pieces) hammerin down the road at 70+ mph untill I have to pull up a hill. Been doing this and running equipment almost 17 years now. It hasn't all been fun but it pays well and has great benefits.

Last edited:
Was a truck driver for 3 years out of high school. This past July I took over my uncles pest control business of over 40 years. Not as fun as my trucking job but it pays better and is better long term. I'll be buying it from him this year. Trying to learn smoking as a hobby 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky