What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a transportation / logistics dispatcher. We have about 30 drivers and haul mostly food products.

20 years in behavioral health, 10 years on Wall Street and my last attempt at retiring, my husband made me an unpaid plumbers helper! Retired again and became a full time cook and cleaner, hmmmm, need to rethink this...

Professor of Trumpet.  Have a Doctorate in it.  19 yrs in South Dakota at a university.  Ala Ted Nugent:  Lots of things to kill and grill out here!

I'm a trained mechanical engineer actively engaged in corossion-control protective coatings for oil, gas and maritime installations/facilities. At the moment, I'm learning how to design, construct and operate a small-scale meat processing plant and smoking fish.

I worked for Sierra Pacific Industries ( a lumber mill ) in a small town called Quincy in California. The longest job I had there was running heavy equip. and handling raw logs from the woods. Retired now and living in sunny Florida .
icon_lol.gif

What a loaded question.

Day Job:

I work for a smaller 911 center in Oklahoma. On any given day I may be working the floor as a fire or law dispatcher or supervisor, working on policy changes, teaching a class for new hires using the curriculum I build, or working on our CAD software as our CAD Admin. I'm also taking GIS classes so that I can take over our mapping. If our Systems Manager is on vacation I'm the backup. Our director has no issue using the "And other duties as assigned" part of my job description.

Fun Job:

My dad and I have a jewelry company. He's been a manufacturing jeweler for 40+ years and my brother and I have been learning all our lives. We travel quite a bit all over the country to Renaissance Faires, Highland Games, Celtic Festivals, and Fine Art shows. 

I used the Federal 203A the other day with a long range CS projectile for a very different kind of smoke. Fun times! Nasty Trinitarios and Mackballers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was an English teacher at the high school level. I decided I could not support my wife and 4 daughters so I jumped in the auto,home,health and life insurance

Greetings Sisco, I'm from scenic central 'Noo Joyzee' but born in Manhattan.

I've been in heavy construction (roads, bridges, dams, etc) since 1968. I'm now a retired (still working part-time) licensed land surveyor and construction estimator. I've just come to find out I like smoking meat, fishing with my grandson, folk music, bluegrass, Scotch whisky, and saying "shit, I used to be able to do that" repeatedly, throughout the day.

I fly a Learjet 45 for a corporation. Have been doing that for 30 years. Was a locomotive engineer for Norfolk Southern RR for 17 years before that. My wife and I owned /operated 5 stores for Verizon for 20 years as well. Sold the stores and looking forward to retirement in a couple years...... hopefully.

I fly a Learjet 45 for a corporation. Have been doing that for 30 years. Was a locomotive engineer for Norfolk Southern RR for 17 years before that. My wife and I owned /operated 5 stores for Verizon for 20 years as well. Sold the stores and looking forward to retirement in a couple years...... hopefully.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky